Spicy Buffalo Chicken Burgers with King’s Hawaiian Buns
Fire up the grill! These Spicy Buffalo Chicken Burgers are a delicious and unique way to mix up summer grilling season!
How many of you out there love buffalo chicken wings? I know I do! But I have a confession: I actually didn’t like buffalo chicken wings until just a couple of years ago. They say our taste buds change every 7 years, and I’m pretty sure mine became addicted to buffalo chicken sometime during the Winter of 2010-2011.
Now I find every excuse I can to add buffalo chicken to the menu. Buffalo Chicken salad? Yes, please. Buffalo Chicken Dip? Oh yes, I made that one for the Super Bowl, and it didn’t even make it to game time!
So it’s only natural that I decided to create a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Burger this past weekend. And it was delicious! And for a special treat, I used King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns for this recipe. The slight sweetness of the buns complemented the spiciness of these burgers quite well.
I’ll admit that I was a bit skeptical of a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Burger. I mean, I love buffalo chicken…but as a burger? But they were amazing! I added a few spices (including hot sauce) in with the burgers themselves, and then I topped each one with homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
As a side note, this Blue Cheese Dressing is delicious…and easy. It took all of 2 minutes to make, and my wife and I were snacking on it with celery and carrots while the burgers were on the grill. Actually, we almost ate all of it just as a dip…oops!
I enjoyed these burgers so much that I’ve already invited the neighbors over for a Memorial Day picnic…and you can be sure that these will make an appearance. So if you find yourself wandering aimlessly through the grocery store aisles wondering what to make for your summer picnic, these Spicy Buffalo Chicken Burgers and King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns both get a huge 2-thumbs up from Spiced. Wondering where to find King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns in your area? Check out their product locator. Happy Grilling!!
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Burgers
For the Burgers
- 16 oz. ground chicken
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ medium onion diced
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 12-14 saltine crackers crumbled
- 4 King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- lettuce for topping
For the Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp milk to loosen the dressing (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the ground chicken, paprika, pepper, garlic, onion, hot sauce, egg, and crumbled saltine crackers. Gently mix until incorporated.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 4 equal portions and gently shape each portion into a patty about ¾" thick. Take care not to overwork the meat (see tip below).
- Grill the burgers for approximately 5 minutes per side, flipping only once. (Also, resist the temptation to press on the burgers with your grill spatula!)
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the Blue Cheese Dressing and stir until well combined. (This dressing tastes even better if you mix it a day in advance.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kings Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.
Spiced® is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that spicedblog.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
David, thanks for bringing this over to the BBQ. Cheers