This Peach Bellini Pound Cake uses a secret ingredient for flavor! It’s a unique and fun dessert to serve for summer meals on the back porch.
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Peaches are one of my absolute favorite summer fruits. I remember as a kid going out with my grandfather to the orchard to pick fresh peaches. We’d bring a basket of peaches back, and my grandmother would make peach cobbler…which is still one of my favorite desserts to this day!
Even when I grew older and moved to Atlanta, I would still go in search of South Carolina freestone peaches. I know some people are thinking…wait, isn’t Georgia the Peach State? Well it is, but South Carolina peaches are just better in my opinion. (Of course, maybe the memories of picking peaches with my grandfather creates a bit of bias here!)
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to try Smirnoff Ice’s new seasonal drink: the Peach Bellini. How appropriate since I love peaches! My mind immediately started racing with all of the cool ways to use this drink in a recipe.
Pound cake is another childhood favorite of mine, so I decided to combine these and create a Peach Bellini Pound Cake. I was a bit nervous as I had never made this type of cake before…but it worked out great! The cake was light (for a pound cake, that is) and it had a wonderful undertone of peach flavor. I also finished the cake with a glaze made out of the remaining Peach Bellini cocktail (I just couldn’t waste any!).
My wife and I shared a piece of the Peach Bellini Pound Cake for dessert, and then she took most of the leftovers in to work the next day. (I might have stashed an extra piece away when she wasn’t looking!) Now all of her coworkers are hooked on this cake, too. This is an incredibly easy recipe to make, and it’s the perfect dessert to bring to a Memorial Day picnic! For another pound cake idea, try the Homemade Vanilla Pound Cake with Seared Pineapple and Honey Sauce, too!
Peach Bellini Pound Cake
For the Pound Cake
For the Glaze
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp Smirnoff Ice Peach Bellini
- Using the paddle attachment in a countertop mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light in color and fluffy (~5 minutes on medium speed).
- Add eggs one at a time, and mix on low after each addition until fully incorporated.
- Add salt and flour 1 cup at a time, and mix on low after each addition until fully incorporated.
- Add peach bellini and mix on low until a smooth batter forms (1-2 minutes).
- Pour batter into a greased tube or bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 90-100 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine the powdered sugar and peach bellini and stir until smooth.
- Once cake is finished, allow it to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Pour glaze on top while cake is still warm.
Disclosure: I was provided samples of Smirnoff Ice Peach Bellini at no cost, but the recipe and opinions are entirely my own.
If you’re looking for more tasty pound cake recipes, check out this 7UP Pound Cake!