These Mini Pistachio Almond Donuts feature a baked donut topped with a pistachio glaze. They’re a delicious treat…and they’re particularly fun for St. Patrick’s Day!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
I am very sorry if you’re still one of the few trying to stick to their New Year’s Resolutions to lose weight because these babies are ADDICTIVE. I’ve become slightly obsessed with my Wilton mini donut pan (as you can see from these Samoa donuts) and decided to try another of my favorite flavor profiles – pistachio almond! I think pistachio and almond taste similar anyway so why not double the fun. These donuts remind me of petit fours because of the almond flavor and the glaze. Mmm…
These little babies are SO easy. I can’t stop thinking of fun combinations (or even just plain vanilla with a colored glaze and sprinkles for a party). Now, you do have to realize that they’re not going to come flying out of your oven tasting like Krispy Kremes. They have a more “cake-like” texture but boy are they still delish! This is my favorite flavor combo by far.
I think these would Pistachio Almond Donuts are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day too!
Pistachio Almond Mini Donuts
- Sift together cake flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in almond, egg, buttermilk, and melted butter until just mixed (do not overmix).
- Spoon or pipe the doughnut batter into a greased doughnut pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 4-5 minutes (watch carefully to not overbake).
- Let sit to cool before popping out.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine confectioner’s sugar, pistachio pudding powder, and milk. Stir until a glaze forms.
- Dip donuts in glaze and top with chopped and toasted almonds.