This Apple Cake + Cinnamon Bourbon Glaze features a spiced cake topped with a tasty bourbon glaze. Bake one up today!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
One of my long-time favorite apple recipes is this delicious Apple Cake with Cinnamon Bourbon Glaze. What’s not to love here? You’ve got some of the best flavors of Fall (apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg) combined with a glaze that features just a hint of bourbon. It’s like an after-dinner drink and dessert served together in one delicious bite! (If you aren’t a fan of bourbon, then you can easily leave it out of the glaze.)
I typically bake this cake in a bundt pan simply because I love the way it looks once it’s baked. I’ve made this cake a number of times for family and friends, but for some reason this time I left the chunks of apples larger than normal. And you know what? I think I like it better this way! Normally I would dice the apples pretty finely (1/2″ dice), but this time I went with about a 1″ dice. Not only does it make the apples easier to dice, but the larger chunks of apple give the cake a wonderful texture. This first Apple Cake + Cinnamon Bourbon Glaze didn’t last long, but I’m fairly certain more of these cakes will be coming out of the oven before apple season is over!
Apple Cake + Cinnamon Bourbon Glaze
For the Apple Cake
For the Apple Cake
- Grease and flour (or spray) a bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, allspice). Stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients (oil, eggs, vanilla) and mix until well combined.
- Pour half of the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until wet mixture is fully absorbed.
- Repeat with remaining half of wet mixture. Stir until combined. (Take care not to overmix here. Just mix until all ingredients are combined.)
- Add the diced apples to the mixture and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into floured bundt pan. Bake at 300°F for 85-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
For the Cinnamon Bourbon Glaze
- Combine all Glaze ingredients (sugar, flour, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, bourbon) in a medium saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until glaze thickens (~3-4 minutes). Allow cake to cool slightly before topping with glaze. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Looking for more tasty apple dessert recipes? Check out these other favorites, too: