This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic recipe – it’s incredibly easy party dip that rarely has leftovers!
By now, you’ve probably heard that there may be a shortage of chicken wings. Yup, that’s right–you may not be able to find chicken wings for your Super Bowl party. I’m hoping that these reports are wrong because wings and football go together like two peas in a pod. Hmmm…using a food analogy to describe another food may not be the best approach. Either way, I decided to pull out my go-to Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe...this dip is incredibly easy to make and perfect for parties.
You might want to make a double batch of this dip…and why not? It’s quick, delicious, and way easier to eat than chicken wings!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup hot sauce I used Frank’s Red Hot
- 24 oz. canned chicken rinsed and drained
- 1⅓ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- Using a hand blender, combine cream cheese and hot sauce until blended.
- Add chicken, cheese, and dressing and stir until evenly mixed.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with sliced celery, carrots, and tortilla chips.
Tip: Use a good quality blue cheese dressing for this. (Check the cold section at your local market.) I’ve found that other blue cheese dressings can overpower this recipe…and not in a good way! You can also substitute ranch dressing instead of blue cheese if you prefer. (Or for a real treat, mix a 1/2 cup ranch with a 1/2 cup blue cheese!)
Did you make this dip at home? Leave a comment, or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog) – I’d love to see your version!