Complete with spicy buffalo chicken, creamy refried beans and crunchy bacon,
this 7-Layer Buffalo Chicken Dip is a surefire party favorite!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
No matter the occasion, buffalo chicken dip always holds a special place on our party table. The top-right hand corner is reserved for the bowl of buffalo chicken dip. Don’t mess with that top-right hand corner! We can always count on one of our good friends to bring a batch of buffalo chicken dip whenever we host a party. Or whenever she just drops by to see Robbie. Or if the day happens to end in “y.” (I actually posted that Buffalo Chicken Dip way back when I first started this blog. It’s a classic…even if the pictures don’t show it. *shudder*)
My love for buffalo chicken is well established. Believe it or not, I wasn’t a fan of buffalo chicken until we moved up here to upstate New York. But for some reason, I wanted to try Laura’s wings one night. And I liked them! And what’s more…I dipped ’em in blue cheese dressing, and I liked ’em even more. Buffalo and blue cheese together? My taste buds felt like they’d won the lottery. And since then, I’ve embraced the buffalo chicken with everything from tacos to hoagies to nachos. Please tell me you share the buffalo chicken love…
So when I stumbled across a kicked-up version of buffalo chicken dip on Serious Eats the other day, I knew it needed to happen. My taste buds actually went on strike and refused to do any more work until this 7-Layer Buffalo Chicken Dip made an appearance. I didn’t think it was possible, but this 7-Layer Buffalo Chicken Dip actually raises our classic buffalo chicken dip to a whole new level. I put my hand upon your hip / When I dip, you dip, we dip. It wasn’t officially in Freak Nasty’s song, but the next 4 lines are actually I dip, I dip, I dip.
This 7-Layer Buffalo Chicken Dip is what would happen if a truck carrying buffalo chicken dip ran into another truck carrying 7-layer dip. And the result is a loaded up dip that will have everyone coming back for more! So as we head into Memorial Day weekend and summer picnic season, I hope you keep this dip in mind. It seriously is delicious! Well alright y’all / if you ain’t dippin’, you must be trippin’ / I dip, I dip, I dip / I dip, I dip, I dip / I dip, I dip, I dip.
P.S. I apologize if Freak Nasty’s song is now stuck in your head for the rest of the day. It truly is a bad song…
7-Layer Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. bacon
- 1 16-oz. can refried beans
- ¾ cup buffalo hot sauce divided
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp dry ranch seasoning
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breast finely chopped
- 1½ cups pepperjack cheese
- ¾ cup corn
- ¾ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup green onions chopped
- tortilla chips celery and carrots, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and pat dry; set aside.
- For the 1st layer, combine the refried beans with ¼ cup of buffalo sauce; stir until well combined. Spread this layer into bottom of a medium round or 8”x8” square glass baking dish.
- For the 2nd layer, combine 8 oz. of cream cheese with ranch dressing and dry ranch seasoning; stir until well combined. Spread this layer on top of refried beans, taking care not to mix the two layers.
- For the 3rd layer, combine the remaining 8 oz. of cream cheese with remaining ½ cup of buffalo sauce. Add chicken; stir until well combined. Spread this layer on top of cream cheese layer. Sprinkle pepperjack cheese evenly on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until dip is hot and cheese has fully melted.
- Remove from oven and top with corn, crumbled blue cheese and green onions. Crumble cooked bacon on top before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, celery and carrots.