Loaded with southwestern seasonings and topped with corn salsa, this
Southwestern Taco Burger is a fun way to mix up burger night!
We eat a lot of tacos in our house. In fact, it’s kind of a running joke. Not sure what to have for dinner? Then it’s a taco night! My wife cooks dinner almost every night of the week, and she makes a mean taco. I’ve tried to mimic her taco-making abilities when she goes out of town…but I fail. It’s never the same. But wait. Hold up a second. I’m the food blogger, but my wife makes dinner every night? Yup, you read that right.
As a food blogger, I spend my days in the kitchen cooking and taking photos of the various recipes that show up on Spiced. But that means that by the time my wife gets home, we have a fridge full of various leftovers. I’m talking a little bit of Spinach Artichoke Tart or a couple Triple Cheddar Bacon Sliders. Sometimes, I’m able to time it perfectly so that the photos are taken and we have a hot meal waiting as she walks in the door. But more often than not, we’re left cobbling dinner together out of various leftovers. And that’s where my wife’s awesome taco-making abilities come in handy! Spinach Artichoke Tacos, anyone?
Southwestern Taco Burgers
Now that the long winter is over, I’m finally back in my element standing in front of the grill in the back yard. Warmer weather means it’s time for dinners outside on the deck. It’s time for delicious burgers! Instead of asking my wife to work her magic and create amazing tacos, I decided to give these burgers a taco twist. I added some classic taco meat seasonings into the burgers, and then topped these bad boys with some corn and salsa. The avocado skewered through the top is a fun finishing touch!
Here’s to a long summer of warm weather, cold beers and delicious burgers on the back porch!
Did you make this Southwestern Taco Burger at home? Leave a comment! Or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog). Happy grilling!
Looking for other tasty grilling ideas? Check out these other favorites, too:
Southwestern Taco Burgers
For the Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
For the Toppings
- 4 hamburger buns
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup salsa
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- pickled jalapenos
- 1 avocado sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the Burger ingredients (ground beef, egg, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper). Mix until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties. (Tip: Make the patties slightly thinner in the center. This will give the burger a better shape once grilled.)
- Grill burgers on medium-high heat until fully cooked, flipping once after 4-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn and salsa. Stir until well combined.
- Assemble the burgers with pepper jack cheese, corn salsa, pickled jalapenos and sliced avocado.