Welcome in Autumn mornings with a batch of these Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls! They’re loaded with cinnamon, spice and everything nice!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
But sometimes your brain tricks you. Take candy canes for instance. What do you think of when you hear ‘candy cane?’ I’d assume peppermint is up there near the top of the list. Perhaps some of those flavored candy canes that always end up on the clearance racks after the holidays. But what about mac & cheese? Or rotisserie chicken? Or the worst one yet…clams? Yes, clam-flavored candy canes.
I’m going to have to take a hard pass on those. Still, it’s funny to think about how a piece of candy in the shape of a candy cane automatically makes you think peppermint.
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
While these Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls are definitely a twist on the classic cinnamon roll, the flavor profile is still in the same general realm. I didn’t try to sneak any clam juice into these rolls…I just couldn’t do that to you! I did incorporate some actual canned pumpkin in these Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls because, well, pumpkin in baked breads is delicious. The pumpkin not only contributes to the flavor, but it keeps these cinnamon rolls nice and moist. Add in the all-star lineup of spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice), and you’ve got a breakfast treat (or dessert) that’s going to become an instant favorite! (I won’t admit how long these Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls lasted in our house. Hint: It was more than 1 day, but less than 2.)
I chose to bake these Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls in a cast iron skillet just because I love baking in my cast iron skillet. Not only does it work well in terms of function, but it’s also a fun way to serve a Fall treat like these cinnamon rolls. However, with that said, any baking pan will work here. I hope you enjoy these cinnamon rolls as much as we did…just don’t go crazy and add clam juice or anything. Happy baking, my friends!
Did you make a batch of these Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls at home? Leave a comment. Or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog)!
Looking for more cinnamon roll fun? Try these other versions, too:
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough
- Using a medium bowl, add milk, brown sugar and yeast; stir until well combined. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a countertop mixer, add flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice; mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add yeast mixture, pumpkin and melted butter; mix 4-5 minutes on medium speed, or until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer dough into an oiled bowl; cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Spray a 9” or 10” cast iron skillet with non-stick baking spray.
- Working on a well-floured surface, roll dough into a 16”x12” rectangle.
- Using a small bowl, stir together filling ingredients (butter, brown sugar and cinnamon) until well combined. Spread this mixture evenly on top of dough.
- Starting with a long edge, roll dough into a tight log. Pinch seams to seal.
- Place dough seam-side down and cut into (8) 2” pieces. Place rolls in greased skillet. Cover skillet and let dough rise in a warm spot for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake rolls for 30-35 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Let rolls stand for at least 10 minutes before adding glaze.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk for the glaze. Drizzle glaze over rolls before serving.