I’ve partnered with SocialStars and #WalmartProduce to create this
Pastry Wrapped Brie with Roasted Grapes. This tasty appetizer is surprisingly
easy to make…and it’s sure to impress your family and friends!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Last weekend, my wife and I invited the neighbors over for a fun, laid-back Friday evening. I’d seen some awesome red grapes earlier in the week at Walmart, and I instantly knew what I wanted to make with them. If you’ve never roasted grapes before, then you are missing out! Stop reading this post, and go roast some grapes. Right now. I like to add a pinch of black pepper and cinnamon, and I seriously think I could eat these roasted grapes with a spoon!
I’ve got to give a shout-out to my wife, though, since it was her idea to take those roasted grapes and put them over a wheel of brie cheese. Brie is often topped with a jam, but these roasted grapes take the appetizer to a whole new level…and for a minimal amount of extra work. Spoon the roasted grapes over the brie and then wrap the whole thing in puff pastry. This is one easy appetizer that’s sure to impress your friends and family!
As a food blogger, I end up shopping in lots of markets and grocery stores each week looking for various products. I gotta say that I’m always quite impressed with Walmart Produce. Their produce is farmer-picked and it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee…how can you go wrong with that? Walmart has become my go-to source for produce that not only looks great, but tastes great, too!
We often keep a bag of grapes in the fridge for a quick, healthy snack. When California grapes are at their peak (right now!), I typically snip off a bunch to eat alongside a sandwich at lunch. Grab some extra grapes and make this fun appetizer for the weekend! Enjoy!
Pastry Wrapped Brie with Roasted Grapes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the halved grapes with the olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Spread the grapes on a rimmed baking sheet and roast at 425°F for 10-12 minutes. Stir the grapes and continue roasting for another 3-4 minutes. Remove grapes from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a well-floured surface.
- Please brie in the center of the puff pastry.
- Spoon roasted grapes over the top of the cheese.
- Beat the egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Fold 2 opposite corners of the puff pastry over cheese. Brush two remaining sides with the beaten egg and fold up. Press seams together to seal. Brush top of pastry with additional egg wash.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds on top and bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Looking for more tasty appetizer ideas? Check out these other favorites, too: