I’ve partnered with SocialStars and Folgers® to share this tasty Glazed Cinnamon Roll Bread. It’s the perfect treat for morning, noon and night! #MyIcedCafe
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
I’m not entirely sold on this tracking app thing, though. I do like the idea of checking to see if my wife is on her way home from work. In theory, that would allow me to have a hot dinner waiting on her as soon as she walks in the door. (“In theory” is the key phrase there.) But I can also see this tracking app turning against me. When my wife pulls up my location, chances are that she’ll see me in the kitchen taking pictures. All fine and good. But what is she pulls it up and I’m at the grocery store? She’ll know that I’m out buying cereal on sale again. (I have a hard time passing up cereal on sale. There, I said it.) This whole handy dandy app could turn south quickly. We’ll have to see about that…stay tuned!
So my Mom came up from Nashville to visit recently. When I was but a wee little lad growing up down South, I’d always sneak into the kitchen to see what sort of delicious snack my Mom was baking. I’d often find cookies or cakes, and I’d often steal a piece for an after-school snack. (On a somewhat related note, why can’t adults have after-school snacks? That stops after like 6th grade. Let’s start a campaign to bring back after-school snacks for us older kids!)
With my Mom coming in town, I knew I wanted to have some sort of yummy baked good around. After all, it’s only fair that I repay her for all those years of treats when I was a kid, right? As regular readers of Spiced can attest, cinnamon rolls have always held a special place in my heart. Cinnamon rolls are awesome. But they really only taste great when they’re freshly baked. I wanted a treat that I could make the day before my Mom arrived so that I could spend time hanging out with her instead. I wanted this Glazed Cinnamon Roll Bread.
My Mom is like me. She likes to get up early and enjoy a cup of coffee while chatting or watching the morning news. (My wife is not a morning chatter…at all. So it was great having someone to chat with in the morning!) Each morning, we poured our cup of coffee and nibbled on a piece of this Glazed Cinnamon Roll Bread while we caught up on stories. I wouldn’t trade that time for anything!
When we went down to Nashville last summer to visit my Mom and lil sister, we got onto an iced coffee kick. Granted, it was hot in Nashville. (Somehow in my move to the frozen Northland that is upstate New York, I had forgotten how hot it actually gets in the South.) Someone had the genius idea to make a big batch of iced coffee, and we enjoyed a glass every afternoon on the back porch. But here’s the thing…making iced coffee takes time. (Iced coffee is not just coffee poured over ice!) I recently discovered Folger’s® Iced Café. These little bottles make it possible to make iced coffee in a flash. And I’m all about things done in a flash…especially when said things are super tasty!
Truthfully, both my Mom and I still reached for a mug of hot coffee to start the day. However, by mid-afternoon, we needed a quick pick-me-up (did I mention that my Mom is a chatter?), and that’s where the Folger’s® Iced Café came to the rescue. All it requires is a glass of milk. Add as much or as little of the Iced Café as you like, and you’ve got a quick and easy afternoon treat. These little bottles are super small and don’t require refrigeration, so I could see these being the perfect way to enjoy an iced coffee on the go.
Like all of Folger’s® coffees, the four Iced Café flavors are all made from rich, aromatic Mountain Grown® beans. We went with Vanilla Latte, and it tasted just like an iced coffee from a coffeehouse. Of course, we served those Vanilla Latte iced coffees with a slice of homemade Glazed Cinnamon Roll Bread. From the bread to the iced coffees to the long chats, I give my Mom’s recent visit a 2-thumbs up!
What are your thoughts about those location tracker apps? What would you serve with a glass of iced coffee?
Glazed Cinnamon Roll Bread
For the Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9”x5” loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pecans.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (eggs, melted butter, sour cream and vanilla).
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; stir until just incorporated. (Tip: Do not overmix at this stage!)
- Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan; smooth the top of the batter with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the Cinnamon Swirl (sugar, cinnamon and milk). Using a tablespoon measure, drop the Cinnamon Swirl mixture randomly across the top of the dough. Use a table knife to gently swirl and mix this mixture into the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 48-52 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.
- Let bread cool for 30 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the Glaze (powdered sugar, milk and vanilla).
- Once bread has cooled, drizzle Glaze over the top. Let dry for 20 minutes before serving.
Looking for more tasty cinnamon roll recipes? Check out these other favorites, too: