These Candy Corn Pretzel Sticks are an easy recipe that’s perfect for a Halloween snack! This recipe is kid-friendly, too!
It’s almost here! Halloween is just over two weeks away. Have you figured out your costume yet? I know we’ll have all sorts of ghosts, witches, and NFL players trick-or-treating at our door. But before that happens, there will be Halloween parties galore with neighbors and co-workers…and I couldn’t be more excited! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year. There’s something about this spooky day that lets you embrace your inner kid again. You mean I can dress up in a full gladiator costume and no-one will think it’s strange? Awesome! (and yes, I do have a full Roman gladiator costume. Don’t ask why.)
One of my favorite Halloween candies is the classic candy corn. Don’t get me wrong…I love all the mini-chocolate bars, too. But candy corn will always be near the top of the list for me! (And here’s a little secret: Even though I buy all that Halloween candy for the kids who will come trick-or-treating, I’m pretty sure I eat more of it than they do. I’m pretty sure my wife figured out this little trick years ago, though.)
This little tasty treat features the classic candy corn…and it’s really quite simple to make. The saltiness of the pretzels goes quite well with the sugary sweetness of the white chocolate and candy corn. (While the recipe calls for melted white chocolate, I’ve also used vanilla candy coating/candy quick…which makes this treat even easier to make!) Since these Candy Corn Pretzel Sticks can be made in just a few minutes, they’re perfect for neighborhood Halloween gatherings and parties with co-workers. They’d also be perfect if you need a festive treat for your kid’s class! (And yes, I may have eaten all of these myself. That just means I need to make more next time, right?)
Candy Corn Pretzel Sticks
- 6 ounces white chocolate or vanilla candy coating/candy quick
- ⅓ cup candy corn
- 10-12 large pretzel rods
- yellow and orange sprinkles
- Cut each piece of candy corn in half length-wise. Set aside.
- Using either a double-burner or a microwave, carefully melt the white chocolate or candy coating. Transfer the melted chocolate into a tall glass. (This will make it easier to dip the pretzel rods!)
- Dip the pretzel rods into the chocolate and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- While the chocolate is still hot, place the halved candy corn onto the pretzel rods.
- Garnish with yellow and orange sprinkles.
- Let cool for 1-2 hours, or until chocolate is hard. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.