These Asian Shrimp Tacos are packed with flavor…but they’re easy enough to make on a weeknight!
Does anyone else feel like life is a little crazy right now? I seriously have no idea where the hours have gone lately! I know I wake up early and head to the gym, but then the next thing I know it’s time to stop and make dinner. As a food blogger, I’m pretty lucky in that we almost always have some sort of food around for dinner.
But with the holidays approaching, I have been doing a lot of baking…and as fun as it sounds, I don’t think Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Brownies would make a good dinner. So when Campbell’s asked me to create a simple, weeknight meal using their new Skillet Sauces, I couldn’t wait to get started.
After a little bit of brainstorming, I landed on these Asian Shrimp Tacos…and wow, am I glad I did. These tasty tacos are easy enough to be a weeknight meal, but they’re still packed with loads of flavor!
Tacos are one of my favorite week-night meals. I almost always have a variety of fillings and toppings around, so it’s usually not too hard to pull off a quick taco night. But, sometimes I’m in the mood to be a bit more creative. My mind starts racing with all of the delicious flavors of tacos I could create…but those ideas always require time. Time which somehow escapes me every single day.
That’s why I was glad I had the chance to use Campbell’s Skillet Sauces for this meal. I went with the Toasted Sesame with Garlic and Ginger because I’ve been craving Asian food lately. (Campbell’s has a whole line of other skillet and slow-cooker sauces, including Marsala, Scampi, and more. Check out the other flavors here.)
I used shrimp for these tacos, but you could just as easily use chicken. You could even go vegetarian by using broccoli, mushrooms, peppers and onions. For these Asian Shrimp Tacos, I made a quick topping using fresh cilantro, dry-roasted peanuts, red onion, and chow mein noodles. (The chow mein noodles add a great crunch.) Finish the tacos off with a squeeze of fresh lime, and you’ve got a gourmet-tasting meal that only takes about 15 minutes to make!
Asian Shrimp Tacos
- ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup chow mein noodles
- 2 Tbsp diced red onions
- 16 oz. medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Campbell's Toasted Sesame Skillet Sauce
- 1 can whole baby sweet corn drained and chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 8 8" flour tortillas
- 1 lime cut into wedges (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanuts, cilantro, chow mein noodles, and red onion. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and shrimp; saute until shrimp are fully cooked (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the Toasted Sesame Skillet Sauce and baby corn to the skillet; continue cooking until mixture begins to simmer (about 3 minutes).
- Assemble tacos by using a slotted spoon to place the shrimp and baby corn mixture on top of each tortilla. Top with cilantro topping and finish with a squeeze of lime. Serve hot.
This post brought to you by Campbell’s Dinner Sauces. Weekend-worthy dinners with only weekday-level effort needed!