These Pumpkin Spice Biscotti are a great Fall treat…and they’re perfect alongside a Pumpkin Spice Latte!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
You just need to wait your turn, Mr. Pumpkin Spice Latte. That’s like Christmas trying to show up in July. Silly talk, I say.
The internet is already awash with PSL this and PSL that. From coffees to desserts to pastas and even beers, pumpkin spice is the king of October. And rightfully so. I mean few things can beat the warming spices in pumpkin spice. Cinnamon +nutmeg + allspice + cloves = perfection.
And here’s the thing about a good Pumpkin Spice Latte…it needs to come with a tasty snack. This could be a mid-morning, “Hey, I’m out of bed and getting stuff done” kinda snack. Or it could be a mid-afternoon, “Oh crap, I gotta pick up Robbie at daycare in an hour and I still have a zillion things to do” kinda snack.
Biscotti are the perfect snack alongside a cup of coffee, right? So when having a PSL, it only makes sense to have a Pumpkin Spice Biscotti. (Can we start a #PSB trend? Or perhaps a #PSLPSB trend?)
I was chatting with my neighbor the other day about making biscotti. She loves to bake, but she had never tried her hand at biscotti. I gave her my base recipe and told her to have fun playing around with different versions of it. She made a chocolate chip version that was pretty darn awesome! Be her own admission, she would have baked it a little longer so the biscotti were a bit crispier. But her chocolate chip biscotti were still quite tasty!
That conversation made me realize that I hadn’t made biscotti in a while. And since October is here, I figured Pumpkin Spice Biscotti would be a fun treat to serve up alongside those Pumpkin Spice Lattes that magically appear everywhere this time of the year. I added a generous amount of pumpkin spice to these biscotti, but I also took it a step further. I added some canned pumpkin in here, too. Talk about delicious! These Pumpkin Spice Biscotti are perfect for the season. Crunchy, full of warming spices and topped with a nice layer of sparkling sugar. Sweet!
Oh, and since I used to be a Latin teacher and I also like trivia…did you know that biscotti comes from the Latin words meaning ‘twice-baked’? Fun facts to know and share, my friends! Now go grab a #PSLPSB and enjoy the season!
Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
- In the bowl of a countertop mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, vanilla, and baking powder. Mix on medium-low speed until mixture is fully combined and smooth.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and pumpkin puree; mix on low speed until fully absorbed.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a lined baking sheet and shape into a 5"x10" log. (Note: The dough will be very sticky due to the pumpkin. Just wet your hands slightly to keep the dough from sticking to your hands at this stage.)
- Sprinkle a generous amount of turbinado or sanding sugar across the top of the log. (optional)
- Bake at 350°F for 28 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer biscotti to a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice the log crosswise into ¾" slices. Place each biscotti cut-side down on a lined-baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and continue baking for another 38-40 minutes, or until the biscotti turn light golden brown. (Tip: Press the center of the biscotti slightly with your finger. If they still feel soft, then continue baking them until they turn slightly crispy.)