Hi, y’all! I’m stopping in today to share one of my favorite pie recipes and a new little baking tip.
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
I have quite a kitchen store addiction. My tart and brioche pans are from a variety of places including Sur La Table and HomeGoods. (Amazon also makes it easy if you don’t feel like going out!) The shapes and sizes are just too cute. My favorite little baking trick is using these pans for cookies, pies, and cakes. You end up with perfect individual portions for dinner parties, appetizer plates, etc. They are a hostess’ dream! One of my favorite things to make in brioche pans are mini chocolate lava cakes (the size and shape is perfect).
I used the top of my peanut butter jar as well as other kitchen food containers for the circles for my tart and brioche pans. Just play around with sizes until you have a circle that is wider than the top of your pan (especially if it’s a deep little pan). Coat your pan with cooking spray and press your pie dough right inside. Easy as… pie!
Now, here’s another tip. Do not fill your little pans to the top! Beware, I tried this and the result just doesn’t look like a pie. So leave a cute little edge on your pie by filling the tins only 2/3 full with your pie filling. I chose this chocolate chip pie recipe that has chopped pecans in it because it’s a family recipe that I love love love. I’ll be making it this Christmas!
And there you have it! Now hit the kitchen and create some cute fluted cookies, pies, cakes, you name it!
Here’s my recipe:
Mini Chocolate Chip Tartlet Pies
- Refrigerated pie crust store bought or homemade
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips for drizzle
- 1 egg separated for egg wash
- Using round cutters, cut out pie crusts to place in tart or brioche pans.
- Beat eggs until foamy with electric mixer.
- Beat in sugars and flour until mixed well.
- Add in vanilla extract and butter.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Beat egg and use pastry brush to brush sides of pie crust.
- Bake at 325 for 30-45 minutes depending on size of pans. To prevent burning of edges, loosely wrap with foil halfway through cooking.