These Eggnog Spice Cupcakes feature eggnog in both the cupcake and the buttercream frosting! They are a great dessert for the holiday season!
One of my favorite things about the holidays is nutmeg. Yes, seriously…nutmeg. Ok, there are other things I love too…for instance cinnamon. Especially if the aforesaid cinnamon is paired with nutmeg. So you can imagine my excitement when the eggnog starts to show up on store shelves this time of the year! As if drinking the nog isn’t enough, I decided I needed to incorporate it into a cupcake this year.
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
My neighbors and coworkers
ate devoured the extra Holiday Spice cupcakes that I had, so you would be smart to go ahead and make extras!
If you wanted to make these adult-themed, you could incorporate some rum into your cream cheese frosting. Just be aware that you will need to add more powdered sugar to offset the additional liquid.
Why didn’t I think of this last year!?!
Did you make these cupcakes at home? Leave a comment, or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog) – I’d love to see your version!
Eggnog Spice Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Set this bowl of dry ingredients aside.
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attached, beat butter on high until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar to butter and mix until well incorporated.
- Combine eggs and vanilla extract and then add this mixture in two parts to the butter/sugar. Mix until each addition is fully absorbed.
- Combine the eggnog and milk in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Beginning with the flour mixture, alternately add small amounts of dry and liquid ingredients on low speed until fully mixed.
- Line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners and fill each liner about 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until done.
- Allow cupcakes to fully cool before frosting.
For the Frosting:
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, butter, eggnog, and nutmeg. Beat until light and creamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency. (Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and ensure it is fully incorporated before adding more.)
This is my dog, Maximus. And this is his reaction when I showed him the Eggnog Spice Cupcakes and told him he couldn’t have any.