This Grilled Chicken Flatbread features juicy chunks of chicken over a roasted garlic sauce. Served on tasty naan or flatbread, this recipe will have you coming back for more!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
The Bermuda Triangle first gained attention when Flight 19, a group of 5 Navy torpedo bombers, disappeared while on a training flight over the Bermuda Triangle. 5 planes. 14 people. Disappeared. A Naval search plane with 13 members was subsequently sent out to look for the missing planes. That search plane also disappeared. While there have been a number of possible discoveries over the years, these 6 planes are officially still missing. You gotta admit that it’s pretty strange.
Similarly, the USS Cyclops, a Naval cargo ship, completely disappeared without a trace after leaving the island of Barbados in March 1918. She had 306 crew on board, and the disappearance of the Cyclops remains the single largest non-combat loss of life in US Naval history. A large ship completely gone. No trace has ever been found. Bermuda Triangle? Perhaps. Educated guesses state that the Cyclops was probably carrying cargo too heavy for it’s designed use and that led to the ship sinking. However, you gotta admit that it’s pretty strange.
These are only a couple of the more notable incidents involving the Bermuda Triangle. And I haven’t even mentioned Scooby Doo! Pirates Ahoy!, a movie in which Scooby and the gang travel into the Bermuda Triangle only to discover ghost pirates. (Kidding!) In reality, there are plenty of reasonable explanations for the Bermuda Triangle. The area is a hotbed of hurricane activity. The Gulf Stream runs through the area, and it can sweep away any wreckage. And, sure, the area was also notorious for pirates back in the day. But the inexplicable angle is still fun to think about!
Grilled Chicken Flatbread
Switching gears to today’s recipe, I can say with 100% certainty that this Grilled Chicken Flatbread is not mysterious. It is downright delicious, and I can detail every ingredient and every step that makes it so tasty! Namely, the grilled chicken combined with the roasted garlic white sauce is a combination that’ll make your taste buds tingle. Plus, who doesn’t love a good grilled flatbread? It’s essentially pizza by another name, so of course it’s gonna be delicious!
One of the keys to this Grilled Chicken Flatbread is the roasted garlic sauce. If you haven’t cooked much with roasted garlic, then it’s time to start! Roasted garlic is much milder and softer than raw garlic. It’s also a little sweeter. In fact, I’ve known people who just eat roasted garlic plain. Roasted garlic is surprisingly easy to make at home, and I always keep a bag in our freezer. However, I’ve occasionally seen roasted garlic on those olive bars that are popular in the deli departments at many grocery stores. It’s worth checking that out as it would be an easy (and inexpensive) way to get roasted garlic.
The roasted garlic sauce that’s used as a base for this Grilled Chicken Flatbread is downright delicious. In fact, Laura pointed out that it could be thinned out slightly and used as a pasta sauce. I say you could also serve a spoonful of this sauce over a piece of grilled chicken with rice. It’s versatile and delicious! Heck, you could probably eat it with a spoon, although I much prefer eating frosting with a spoon rather than roasted garlic sauce. Call me crazy!
I hope you enjoy this Grilled Chicken Flatbread as much as we do. It’s a fun and tasty recipe!
Did you make this Grilled Chicken Flatbread at home? Leave a comment, or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog). I’d love to see your version!
Grilled Chicken Flatbead with Roasted Garlic Sauce
For the Chicken
For the Sauce
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large red onion sliced into ¼” strips
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp Italian seasonings
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup whole or 2% milk
- 5-6 cloves roasted garlic finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
For the Chicken
- Using a medium bowl, add cubed chicken, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper; toss until well coated.
- Using a large skillet, add Tbsp of butter; place over medium-high heat. Once butter has melted, add cubed chicken. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
For the Sauce
- Using same skillet as chicken, add 2 Tbsp of butter and olive oil; place over medium-low heat. Once butter has melted, add onions, garlic and Italian seasonings; stir until well combined. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until onions have begun to soften slightly. Remove onions from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp of butter. Once melted, add flour and stir well. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent flour from burning.
- Add chicken stock, milk, chopped roasted garlic, salt and pepper; stir mixture until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook on low heat, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and heavy cream; stir until smooth.
- Return onions to skillet; stir until well combined. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
For the Flatbreads
- Using a grill (outdoors) or grill pan (indoors), preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush flatbreads (or naan) with olive oil. Grill for 1-2 minutes per side, or until hot and slightly crispy.
- Remove flatbreads from grill and place in a row. Spread several spoonfuls of sauce on top of each flatbread. Top flatbreads with cooked chicken, mozzarella, roasted red peppers and freshly chopped basil; serve hot.
Looking for more tasty grilled chicken recipes? Check out these other favorites, too: