This Chicken Parm Stuffed Garlic Bread is 2 comfort food favorites in 1! Crispy chicken and melty cheese stuffed inside garlicky, buttery bread. Pass me a slice!
Garlic is an incredible plant. Not only does it ward off vampires, but there are literally dozens of health benefits associated with garlic. It’s an antioxidant. It lowers cholesterol. It has anticancer properties. It helps regulate blood pressure. Heck, it even helps fight the common cold. In fact, I’ve heard garlic called ‘the healthiest food in the world.’
Did you know that holding raw garlic against skin wounds helps them heal faster? British soldiers in WWI used this technique quite often. Even today, many folks claim that holding sliced garlic against your skin will help acne. Crazy stuff! (General public service announcement: As good as garlic is for humans, the American Kennel Club says that garlic (and onions) can be toxic to dogs. So don’t give your pet garlic!)
So with all those health benefits in mind, I say go eat another slice of this Chicken Parm Stuffed Garlic Bread! Wait. Chicken Parm Stuffed what!? Yup, garlic bread. Take 2 classic comfort foods and shove ’em together, and you end up with this delicious appetizer/snack! I’ve always loved a good buttery, garlicky slice of bread, so when I stumbled across the idea of stuffing that bread with another comfort food favorite…well, I was hooked!
Chicken Parm Stuffed Garlic Bread
For this chicken parm, I “cheated” and just pan-fried the Panko-coated chicken without any oil. After all, you’re just looking to cook that chicken so you can stuff it inside of that buttery, delicious bread!
Now that I’ve made (and devoured) this Chicken Parm Stuffed Garlic Bread, I kinda want to try my hand at other stuffed garlic bread ideas. What about Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Garlic Bread? Or French Dip Stuffed Garlic Bread? Basically imagine any sort of comfort food. Now imagine stuffing it into a loaf of garlic bread. Probably sounds pretty good, right? I know this Chicken Parm Stuffed Garlic Bread didn’t last long around our house!
Want to win the Super Bowl appetizer table? Make a loaf of this stuffed garlic bread. No, check that. Make 2 loaves. Chances are the first loaf won’t even make it out of your house!
Baker’s note: Make sure to pick up a nice big loaf of Italian or French bread. You’ll be pulling out the bread in the middle of the loaf, so you need to make sure the loaf is large enough to handle getting stuffed with the chicken parm. I was initially looking at this nice artisan baguette at the store, but I realized it would be wasted on this recipe. Go with a larger, breadier loaf of Italian or French bread instead. Happy baking!
Did you make a batch of this Chicken Parm Stuffed Garlic Bread at home? Leave a comment. Or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog)!
Chicken Parm Stuffed Garlic Bread
For the Chicken Parm Bread
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian panko-style breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large baguette
- 14-16 slices mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- marinara sauce for dipping
For the Garlic Butter
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, lay chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and then pound thin using a kitchen mallet until ~ ½” thick. (Tip: A rolling pin works great if you don’t have a kitchen mallet!) Repeat with other chicken breast.
- Slice chicken into ½” strips.
- Spread flour onto large plate.
- Pour beaten eggs into a shallow bowl.
- On a separate plate, combine the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip strips of chicken first into the flour, then into the beaten eggs and then finally into the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken into the skillet.
- Cook chicken for 6-7 minutes, flipping occasionally, or until fully cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice baguette into 4 pieces. Using your fingers, tear out the center portion of each piece.
- Lay 2 slices of mozzarella on top of each other with a 1” overlap. Place a cooked chicken strip on top and then sprinkle with chopped basil. Fold the mozzarella around the chicken and then insert chicken into the hollowed-out baguette.
- Slice baguette chunks into 1” pieces. Line pieces up so that they are touching and then place vertically on a foil-lined sheet pan.
- Using a small bowl, whisk all ingredients for the garlic butter together; brush mixture evenly on top of baguette.
- Wrap foil around baguette. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has completely melted.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping.
Looking for more tasty Super Bowl appetizer recipes? Check out these other favorites, too: