Looking for an easy weeknight meal? This Chicken, Broccoli and Wild Rice Skillet is the perfect solution!
This just in: Santa can’t live on cookies and milk alone! Trust me, he’s tried. But Santa has lots of shopping to do and presents to wrap. And those pesky reindeer always come and drop a toy at Santa’s feet right when he’s in the middle of a project. Yup, the holidays are a hectic time of the year for everyone…including the big man in the red suit!
All joking aside, I do love baking for the holidays. But after a few days of indulging in holiday cookies and treats, I find myself craving wholesome food again. That’s where this Chicken, Broccoli and Wild Rice Skillet comes in play.
This recipe is seriously one of the first entrees I ever learned how to make once I moved out on my own. I’d make this meal at least once every other week. It’s delicious and easy, and it reheats well, too. Bonus points when dinner involves easy leftovers, right? In fact, I’ve had several guy friends come to me over the years and ask for easy dinner recipes. I always give them this Chicken, Broccoli and Wild Rice Skillet recipe. One of the guys made dinner for his girlfriend for the first time…and this skillet recipe was it. They got engaged recently, and I like to think this recipe was the reason why. Just kidding, of course! But the recipe is a winner, and it’s also Santa-approved!
Speaking of Santa, have you finished all of your gift shopping this year? Amazingly, 30% of folks say they don’t finish their holiday shopping until Christmas Eve. I’m definitely not in that 30%! I used to work in a kitchenware store, and Christmas Eve was always one of the busiest days of the year. For the record, 37% of folks under the age of 30 wait until Christmas Eve to finish shopping.
If you’ve still got some names to cross off on your list, then might I suggest some new cookware? I recently had the chance to try the T-fal Color Luxe nonstick set, and I was really impressed! The cookware is lightweight, and it performs beautifully on the stove. The nonstick surface on the pots and pans is reinforced with titanium to increase durability and performance. As I’ve mentioned before, Laura is a metallurgist. When I was unpacking this T-fal Color Luxe set, she was busy ready about the titanium coating. Ah, life with a scientist! Everyone needs a couple of good nonstick pans, and I found that these performed quite well…and clean-up was a breeze, too!
One of the coolest things about the T-fal Color Luxe line is that the pots and pans all have a patented T-fal Thermo-Spot built into the bottom surface. The Thermo-Spot changes colors to let you know when the pan has reached optimal cooking temperature. How cool is that? Aside from the performance, I also found the soft-touch handles to be really nice. The pots and pans were comfortable and easy to use, and they also come in a variety of fun colors! I personally like the Sapphire Blue (shown in these photos), but the T-fal Color Luxe line also includes Ruby Red and Amethyst Purple. All of the cookware in this set is dishwasher safe and oven safe to 350°F. So if you’ve still got some folks on your holiday list, give the T-fal Color Luxe line a look! The set can be purchased on Amazon or in a store near you.
The T-fal Color Luxe Nonstick 12-piece Set includes: 2 frying pans, 3 sauce pans (with glass covers), 1 Dutch oven (with glass cover) and 2 nylon cooking utensils.
If you’re looking for an easy meal to balance out the holiday baking, then I highly suggest this Chicken, Broccoli and Wild Rice Skillet. We even served this meal directly from the skillet…which meant one less pan for me to clean! After all, there’s still presents to wrap and those reindeer still want to play ball. Enjoy the season, my friends!
Chicken, Broccoli and Wild Rice Skillet
- 1 6-oz. box long-grain wild rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1” pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2½ cups broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Using a small saucepan, add the uncooked rice and stock; stir. Place over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20-22 minutes, or until stock is completely absorbed.
- Meanwhile, using a large bowl, add olive oil, onions, chicken, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper; toss until well coated. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, transfer chicken mixture into skillet. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and broccoli and continue cooking for 8-10 more minutes, stirring often, or until chicken is fully cooked and broccoli is tender. While broccoli is cooking, place sliced almonds in a small skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until almonds begin to smell fragrant.
- Add the cooked wild rice, toasted almonds and soy sauce to the skillet; stir until well combined.
- Serve directly from the skillet for an easy, weeknight meal.
This Chicken, Broccoli and Wild Rice Skillet post was written by me on behalf of T-fal.
The opinions and recipe are all my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Spiced!