This Brownie Brittle with Frangelico Cream Dip is a fun and easy dessert idea! The creamy dip features the hazelnut flavor of Frangelico – it’s delicious!
So the holidays are over, and the prospect of shoveling snow for several months is just not that appealing to me. But the good news here is that I have discovered a new snack addiction. Brownie Brittle is a combination of thin, crispy cookies and decadent fudge brownies. And I can’t stop eating them. Seriously. In fact, the only thing that keeps me from eating more is when I have to go shovel more snow.
My wife and I are heading over to some friends’ home for a game night, and I decided to whip up a dip to go with the Brownie Bites. Ok, so the Bites don’t even need a dip…but I’ve been craving Frangelico lately, so I decided to combine these and create a Frangelico Cream Dip to go along with the Brownie Brittle.
This sweet dip is a nice alternative to a savory snack table, and it would be perfect for New Year’s Eve celebrations and Super Bowl parties. Actually, who am I kidding? You don’t need a reason to make this delicious treat!
Brownie Brittle with Frangelico Cream Dip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-1½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Frangelico liqueur
- 8 oz. cream cheese 1 package, softened to room temperature
- roasted almonds or your choice of nut
- Using a mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, and Frangelico liqueur until whipped cream forms. (~5-8 minutes) Set this mixture aside.
- Remove the whip attachment and replace with a paddle attachment. Place the softened cream cheese into the mixing bowl and mix until light and creamy.
- Place whipped cream mixture and cream cheese into bowl and gently fold together until incorporated.
- Garnish with coarsely chopped roasted almonds.
- Serve chilled.
I had roasted almonds on hand, so I used these to garnish the dip…but you could use toasted hazelnuts, walnuts, etc. And you might want to make a double batch…trust me on this one. Enjoy!