This Blueberry Coconut Banana Bread is packed with flavor, and it makes for one heck of a Saturday morning breakfast!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
But one of my all-time favorite unitaskers is the banana slicer. That’s right, a banana slicer. Before we get any further, I just need to put it out there that I don’t actually own this banana slicer. But it’s still one of my favorites. And why is that you ask? Because of the comments on Amazon. This banana slicer has become a bit of a cult favorite on Amazon, and I still go back and read the reviews when I need a laugh. Seriously. Just go read the reviews…there’s 5,000+ comments, and there are so many witty ones out there.
Some of my favorite comments:
- “There is no way to tell if this is a standard or metric banana slicer. Additional markings on it would help greatly.”
- “Ordering one for my nephew who’s in the air force in California. He’s been using an old slinky to slice his bananas.”
- “I tried the banana slicer and found it unacceptable. As shown in the picture, the slicer is curved from left to right. All of my bananas are bent the other way.”
- “I bought this product to gain an advantage in the high stakes world of banana cutting roulette in Bogata, Columbia.”
Banana bread has long been one of my favorite morning treats. A toasted slice of banana bread with a cup of coffee is pretty much my ideal weekend morning! (I’m sure this goes back to the fact that my mom baked banana bread at least once a week when I was growing up.)
Over the years, I’ve toyed with my mom’s recipe a bit here and there…but I always keep the same basic batter. This recipe is no different. I had some blueberries in the fridge, so I folded those into the batter along with coconut flakes. And then just for a fun twist, I tossed some coconut flakes on top of the loaf when it was almost done baking. And that’s how this Blueberry Coconut Banana Bread ended up in my kitchen! (It got toasted up on Saturday morning and served along with a hot cup of coffee…delicious!)
Oh, and I just mashed the bananas with a fork for this recipe…if only I had a way to slice bananas quickly…
Do you own a banana slicer?
Blueberry Coconut Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease and flour a large bread pan; set aside.
- Using a countertop mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (~2-3 minutes on medium speed.)
- Add eggs; stir until just combined.
- Add bananas, ½ cup of coconut flakes, vanilla and lemon juice; stir until just combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and water; stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and pecans.
- Transfer batter into greased bread pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and press remaining ¼ cup coconut flakes into top of loaf. Continue baking for 5-10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pans for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.