Want to surprise your family with a delicious dinner? Try whipping up a batch of these BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas!
I just got off the phone with Santa. Well, not really the phone. We just finished texting each other. The big man is way too busy at this time of the year to be chatting away on the phone! (I tried to convince him to get one of those bluetooth ear pieces, but he wouldn’t go for it. He said those are way too 2005.) As you can imagine, he’s working 24-hours a day right now getting ready for his Christmas deliveries next week. Dancer has a mild cold and Rudolph has an issue with his nose, but he anticipates that they’ll be ready to go by the 24th. Whew! I was worried there!
Santa also mentioned that he’s trying to cut back on sweets right now. He’s got to be in top sleigh-riding form in less than 2 weeks. (Plus, he’ll have plenty of cookies to sample while making his deliveries!) Santa still needs tasty food to keep him going at this busy time of the year, though. I suggested that he give these BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas a shot. They’re quick and easy to make, and they’re packed with flavor! And these flatbreads won’t leave Santa in a pizza coma afterwards. (Not that I have anything against the pizza coma…I usually end up in one of those on Saturday nights while watching college football!)
All North Pole jokes aside, these BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas really are quite tasty! And they really are easy. I took several Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts and topped ’em with barbecue sauce, cooked chicken, cheese and red onions. Off to the oven for just 5-6 minutes. (Yes, only 5-6 minutes!) *Sprinkle sprinkle sprinkle* with fresh cilantro. And then these flatbread pizzas are ready to go!
We’re huge fans of Flatout’s various flatbreads around here, and we often go with wraps for lunch or dinner. But Flatout’s Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts are another one of our favorites! For this batch of flatbread pizzas, I used Flatout’s Rustic White flavor, but they also come in Rosemary & Olive Oil and Spicy Italian. All 3 are delicious. Trust me…I’ve eaten them all! More than once. Wondering where to find them near you? Click here for Flatout’s Flatbread Finder!
I get that the holidays are a time to splurge and enjoy some tasty treats. The cold, blustery days of January and February were made for dieting and working out. But even during the holidays, I sometimes just don’t want a huge meal. That’s where flatbread pizzas come in. We often use Flatout’s pizza crusts with a bit of pesto and shredded mozzarella for an easy dinner. For these BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas, I bumped it up with marinated chicken and 3 types of cheeses…but they’re still super easy to make! You can crate an assembly line of sorts and have a whole row of flatbread pizzas ready to go in no time at all!
Flatbread pizzas also make for a great appetizer if you’re visiting with family and friends. During the holidays, we’ll occasionally do the ‘appetizers-for-dinner’ thing while hanging out with the neighbors. Sliced cheese + crackers and a couple BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas. Sounds like the makings of a good night right there!
So as we head into the busiest (and also the most fun!) part of the holiday season, stop and enjoy it. And stop and make a flatbread pizza, too. There’s plenty of time for cookies next week…or tomorrow. Cheers!
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas
For the Chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Flatbread Pizza
- 4 Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce divided
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup smoked Gouda cheese shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro for garnishing
For the Chicken
- Combine all of the ingredients except for chicken in a food processor; process until smooth. Place chicken breasts in a small baking dish. Pour marinade on top, turning to coat both sides of chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
For the Flatbread Pizza
- Preheat grill-pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in hot grill-pan. (Discard any remaining marinade.) Cook until done, about 5-6 minutes per side. Using 2 forks, shred chicken and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. (See note.)
- Spread ½ cup of barbecue sauce across flatbreads, leaving ½” border on all sides. (Note: Use about 2 Tbsp of sauce per flatbread.)
- In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella, smoked Gouda, and cheddar cheeses. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly on top of flatbreads.
- Divide shredded chicken and sliced onions across the top of the flatbreads.
- Bake at 400°F for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove flatbreads from oven and top with fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle remaining ¼ cup of barbecue sauce across tops of flatbreads.
This BBQ Chicken Flatout Pizzas post was sponsored by Flatout Flatbread, but the recipe and opinions are entirely my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that support Spiced!