This Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball is perfect for holiday appetizer parties…or just holiday snacking in general!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Cheeseballs are such funny things. They always show up this time of the year for holiday parties and general snacking pleasure. There you are at your wife’s (or husband’s) holiday party. You’re trying your best not to look awkwardly out of place, so you head over to the appetizer table. Sure enough, there’s a port wine cheeseball. Or perhaps you get lucky and find a smoky bacon cheeseball. You nibble a bit and then decide you’d rather check out the cookie table or the open bar. I’ve been there!
I get it. Cheeseballs get a bit of a bad rap. But have you ever tried making your own cheeseball? (Hint: They’re really easy to make!) Homemade appetizers are generally > store-bought appetizers, right? So why not whip up a Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball for the holiday party this year? And since you’re in charge, no-one will know if a little bit of the cheeseball goes missing before it gets rolled up, right? Not like I speak from experience or anything…I plead the 5th!
Back in mid-October, I had the chance to visit a local farm for Cabot’s Open Farm Sunday. I visited Dellavale Farm in Pattersonville, NY, which just so happens to only be about 30 minutes away from where I live. It was a perfect upstate New York Fall day, and I spent the afternoon hanging out with cows. And it was awesome! I made friends with one of the calves…who then proceeded to see how my hand tasted. (It must have been good as she went in for the whole hand!) I recently wrote a recap of my visit to Dellavale Farm over on the Cabot website. Click here to check it out!
Cabot’s Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese is hands-down one of my favorite cheeses of all time. In fact, whenever I pull out a package for a recipe, I have the urge to just take a big bite right out of the block. So far I’ve managed to avoid doing that…but it’s gonna happen one day. (However, I did shred a bit too much cheese for this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball…on purpose.)
As we head into the final couple weeks of the year, let’s live it up! Invite the neighbors over for appetizers and a glass of wine. And make sure to have a Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball on hand! Cheers!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball
- Place large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add bacon and cook until crispy (~5-7 minutes). Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; pat dry. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place chopped pecans in a dry skillet. Toast over medium heat, shaking often, for 3-4 minutes, or until you can smell the toasted pecans.
- Using a medium bowl, combine bacon, pecans, green onions and parsley. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and half of the pecan-bacon mixture; stir until well combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Using wax paper, shape the mixture into a ball. Roll cheese ball in remaining bacon-pecan mixture.
- Serve with pita chips or crackers.