Love pulled pork? Love jalapenos? Combine the two into these BBQ Grilled Jalapenos! This recipe is perfect for summer entertaining!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Are you ready for the perfect backyard spicy appetizer? I love the classic stuffed jalapenos with a cream cheese base, but I wanted to change it up because I’ve been in quite the BBQ mood lately. Jalapenos are truly the perfect vessel for any type of filling. I decided on pulled pork topped with shredded queso cheese. It’s that easy! Now, these guys pack some heat (even with the coring cut out) so be careful handing these to kids. They’re also not perfectly gorgeous little bite-sized canapes. These guys are get-down and get your BBQ on type of yum!
See how ooey gooey they are topped with the shredded queso cheese? I found this fab cheese in my regular grocery store. Queso cheese is – you got it – like queso so it melts really well and is perfect for topping simple appetizers like this one!
You can absolutely use your favorite type of meat (pulled chicken, chopped beef, etc) for these BBQ Grilled Jalapenos. I chose pulled pork because I wanted a southern-style BBQ experience! I used a jalapeno grill rack. They are really great (though my farmers-market jalapenos were a wee bit big for the holes). You could lay these down on the grill as well, just remember to rotate them and also to use tongs to help keep the meat inside.
Pulled pork can easily be purchased at grocery stores or your favorite local BBQ restaurant. We make our own here at home, and I highly recommend this Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork recipe!
Pulled Pork BBQ Grilled Jalapenos
- 16 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup pulled pork in barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup queso shredded cheese
- Cut tops off of jalapenos and core out the inside including most of the seeds. This will reduce the heat and provide space for filling.
- Be sure your pulled pork is already combined with your favorite barbecue sauce. Use a small spoon to carefully fill each hollowed-out jalapeno with the pulled meat.
- Using a jalapeno rack or laying flat on grill, close grill and let grill for 7-10 minutes.
- Once peppers have softened and meat has crisped over, top with shredded queso. Close for 1-2 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!