These Soft + Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite sweet treats! I dare you to eat just one!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
I’ve always had a
secret love for the chocolate chip cookie. I’m not too terribly picky, either. Crispy, chewy, thick, thin…it doesn’t matter all that much to me. After all, it’s a cookie with chocolate chips in it. How bad can it be? Truth be told, though, my favorite kind of chocolate chip cookie is the kind that stays soft and chewy even after they cool off. A couple of years ago, my sister (aka “The Cookie Queen”) sent me a new recipe she had been playing around with. She knew I loved soft chocolate chip cookies, and she wanted me to try this version.
So I hit the kitchen and whipped up a batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies. (It doesn’t take much to get me to make cookies!) Well, folks, she nailed it! The cookies were a bit thin which made me think they would be crispy…but not at all. (Truth be told, I probably would’ve still loved ’em even if they were crispy.) These bad boys stayed soft and chewy once they cooled. I could have hugged my sister for sending this recipe…but she is my sister after all.
I’ve been making these cookies for years, and every time I try to eat only one. Seriously! I really do try. Despite my efforts, I failed again this time. Actually, I failed twice. Once when they were still kinda warm out of the oven, and then again after dinner. Thank goodness for my wife’s co-workers and the neighbors! Otherwise I would’ve failed about 10 more times before this batch disappeared. So I challenge you. Make a batch of these cookies and then just eat one. Not one and a nibble. Just one. I dare you. If you can beat my record of zero, then I’ll give you a cookie!
Soft + Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes with a countertop mixer).
- Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla and milk; stir until just incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and salt; stir until evenly mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips; stir until evenly mixed.
- Form the dough into 1” balls; place balls on a cookie sheet 2” apart. Flatten balls slightly with your hand.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-13 minutes, or until edges of cookies turn light golden brown.
Looking for more tasty cookie recipes? Check out these other favorites, too: