This Salted Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee is incredibly easy to make…and it’s the perfect treat on a hot summer afternoon!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Imagine that…it’s hot in the South in mid-June! I grew up down South, and I’m a Southern boy through-and-through…but man, am I surprised at how fast I’ve adjusted to the cooler temperatures in upstate New York. (That’s ok, we more than made up for it with all of the snow from this past winter!) So there we were hanging out in the Nashville heat when my sister walked around the corner with Salted Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee for everyone. I wanted to hug her!
So it turns out that ice coffee is incredibly easy to make. I love my morning cup of coffee, but I pretty much drink it hot. I don’t care if it’s summer or winter, I crave a cup of hot coffee every morning. But now that I’ve seen how easy it is to make iced coffee, I suspect I might be enjoying a lot of iced coffees as afternoon treats this summer!
The problem with just dumping ice into a cup of coffee is that the ice instantly melts which dilutes the coffee into a watery mess. That’s where cold brewing comes in. All you need is coffee, water and about 12 hours…and the best part is this recipe pretty much makes itself! My sister, the ultimate party planner that she is, also showed me another cool little trick. Once the cold-brewed coffee has sat overnight, you can take some of it and freeze it in plastic ice cube trays. Then just plop these coffee ice cubes into your Salted Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee. This way, the drink stays chilled but it doesn’t get diluted as the coffee melts. Genius I say! (But don’t tell I said that…she is still my sister after all.)
If you’re looking for a fun (and easy) way to cool off on a hot summer day, then iced coffee is a sure bet. I used International Delight’s Salted Caramel Mocha coffee creamer, and it added a really fun layer of flavor. You could try this same recipe with any of the other International Delight flavors, too. I’m thinking an Irish Creme Iced Coffee might need to make an appearance in my hand soon! No matter what flavor you pick, just garnish the top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, and you’ll swear this tasty treat came from a coffee shop instead of your very own kitchen. Here’s to a long (and hopefully not too hot) summer…Cheers!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Salted Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee
- 8 ounces ground coffee preferably a medium or dark roast
- 4 quarts cold water
- International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha coffee creamer to taste
- whipped cream for garnish
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Using a large bowl or container, mix together the ground coffee and water. Cover and let sit at room temperature overnight.
- Line a mesh strainer with cheesecloth or a coffee filter; place strainer over a clean container. Pour the coffee into the strainer. Once coffee has been strained, place it in the refrigerator until chilled. Discard ground coffee.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes (or coffee ice cubes). Fill the glass about ¾ with chilled coffee. Add 2-3 Tbsp International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha coffee creamer (or more or less to taste). Stir well.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (optional).
Looking for more recipes with coffee? Check out these other favorites, too: