These No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars are perfect for summer picnics or backyard gatherings!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
I got everything prepped and ready. But as I poured the cheesecake filling on top of the crust, I thought…hmmm, this cheesecake filling seems rather thick. As I spread it on top of the Oreo crust, it just turned into a mess. That’s when I realized I had left out the whipped topping. Yup, the whipped topping thins out the cheesecake filling and makes it easier to spread…and I just totally whiffed and forgot to mix it it. So off to the grocery store I went to get more Oreos and more cream cheese.
And that’s when I did it again. I had this seemingly genius idea to just use an Oreo pie crust and crumble it up to make the base of these No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars. Lesson learned. Don’t use a pie crust. It crumbled ok, but when I added the melted butter, it turned into a chocolate-y mess. Not what you want when you’re making tasty cheesecake bars! So I did what everyone should do after whiffing on recipe instructions not once, but twice. I walked away and took a nap.
When I went to pick up Robbie at daycare later, I swung by the grocery store (again) and picked up another pack of Oreos. I mean, I’m always looking for an excuse to buy Oreos…so why in the heck did I pick up the pie crust instead of the classic cookies? I was trying a shortcut…a shortcut that failed.
Fortunately, the 3rd time is a charm, and these No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars came out perfectly. Of course, I’d planned to have them ready in the evening for dessert…but they ended up being made in the evening and then served the next day. That’s ok, though. What’s that old saying about being patient? Oh yeah, it’s No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars come to those who wait. Yeah…that’s it!
These cheesecake bars are served either refrigerated or frozen (frozen is my favorite!), so they are perfect for summer picnics and backyard gatherings. Plus, you can totally make these bad boys ahead of time and save ’em in the freezer…just try not to eat them all first. (I speak from experience.) Enjoy the sunshine this weekend, my friends!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
For the Oreo Crust
For the Oreo Crust
- Place the Oreo cookies and sugar in a food processor or mini-chopper. Pulse until finely ground. Transfer crumbs into a large bowl and stir in melted butter.
- Layer an 8”x8” baking pan with wax paper. Press Oreo mixture into bottom of pan using a flat-bottomed glass.
For the No Bake Cheesecake
- Using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly on top of the Oreo crust.
- Using a small glass bowl, melt the peanut butter in the microwave. (Tip: The goal is to make the peanut butter fully smooth without “cooking” it.)
- Drop several spoonfuls of melted peanut butter on top of the cheesecake layer. Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter into the cheesecake.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Slice into bars before serving.
Looking for more no bake dessert recipes? Check out these other favorites, too: