Featuring chopped Butterfinger bars both in and on top, this frozen No Bake Butterfinger Pie is a tasty dessert for a hot summer day!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Did you grow up seeing commercials of Bart Simpson talking about Butterfingers? I did. I still vividly remember those television ads, too. “Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger!” But did you know that those commercials actually aired a year before The Simpsons show actually began? It’s true! Back then, the Simpsons were just animated clips on The Tracey Ullman Show.
As a child of the 80’s, I remember Bart Simpson being everywhere. From the tv ads for Butterfinger to lunchboxes to old NES games. My sister gave me a Nintendo Retrobit console for my birthday a couple of years ago, and I totally went back and played The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants. In fact, that game included floating candy bars, and I suspect they were probably meant to be Butterfinger bars. Maybe the graphics weren’t good enough back then to actually add the name Butterfinger? Either way, there is a permanent association in my brain between Bart and Butterfingers. Also, that game was really hard…and (contrary to popular belief) getting older doesn’t make you better at video games.
Also, while we’re on the throwback topic, can we just talk about this old Butterfinger ad for a minute? The candy bar was invented in the 1920’s by the Curtiss Candy Company in Chicago, Illinois…and this was one of their first print ads. Uh, enriched with dextrose?
No Bake Butterfinger Pie
Ok, let’s fast forward to present times and this No Bake Butterfinger Pie. As I mentioned above, this idea came about thanks to one of our favorite summer desserts. I still melted Hershey’s bars to create the chocolate filling, but I also folder chopped Butterfinger bars in as well. I guess this pie could be called a No Bake Candy Bar Pie, but I like using the Butterfinger name in there. Plus, that lets me keep experimenting with other candy bars in the future. No Bake Milky Way Pie? No Bake Snickers Pie? No Bake Kit-Kat Pie? I think I’ve got my work cut out for me!
I like to serve this pie frozen. Not only does freezing the pie make it more refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also makes it easier to slice. I hope you enjoy this No Bake Butterfinger Pie as much as we did! Cheers, friends!
Did you make this No Bake Butterfinger Pie at home? Leave a comment. Or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog). Happy (no) baking!
Looking for other tasty no bake treats? Check out these other favorite no bake recipes, too:
No Bake Butterfinger Pie
- 1 9” chocolate or graham cracker pie crust (homemade or storebought)
- 4 1.45-oz or “full-sized” Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 2 1.9-oz. or “full-sized” Butterfinger bars, chopped
- 1 8-oz. container whipped topping
- whipped cream for garnish
- additional Butterfinger bars for garnish
- Using a microwave or stovetop, melt the chocolate bars.
- Transfer half of the whipped topping into a medium bowl. Fold the melted chocolate into this whipped topping until well combined. Next, fold the chopped Butterfinger bars into this mixture.
- Spread remaining (i.e. plain) whipped topping evenly into pie crust.
- Spread chocolate whipped topping on top of the plain layer.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Prior to serving, garnish with whipped cream and additional chopped Butterfingers.