This Mediterranean Carrot Dip is a fun way to eat your daily veggies!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
With that goal in mind, I set out to come up with a fun dip to pair with these ChickBean Crisps. Laura and I popped open a bag of these crisps to see what they tasted like, and we were hooked! These crisps are actually made from milled chickpeas with bits of lentils, peas and sweet potatoes mixed in. Just check out how cool these crisps look by themselves! But then take those crisps and mix ’em with this Mediterranean Carrot Dip? Oh yeah, that’s a great combo right there!
So I’ve got a funny story about this ChickBean Crisps and Mediterranean Carrot Dip. I had a huge curling tournament this past weekend (more on that soon!), so Laura’s parents came up to visit and help with Robbie. Laura’s Dad also works from home (albeit in tech support instead of food blogging), and he wandered into the kitchen late one afternoon. I was in the process of taking photos of this Mediterranean Carrot Dip, and I noticed that he checked things out and wandered off. Then he came back around about 10 minutes later and did the same thing.
I didn’t think much of it at the time. But a bit later, the photos were done, and I was sitting on the couch checking emails. That’s when he chimed in, “Is it safe to eat these crisps and dip yet? I’ve been waiting for 30 minutes now.” Hah! Laura taught him well what it’s like to live with a food blogger!
This Mediterranean Carrot Dip is super tasty, and it’s a unique dip to serve up for friends and family. It’s naturally sweet from the carrots, and then it’s got a fun assortment of spices in there, too. And it works so well when paired with Saffron Road’s ChickBean Crisps. If you haven’t heard of ChickBean Crisps yet, then you need to! Seriously. These crisps are amazing…Laura and I are hooked on ’em now!
Saffron Road was created to provide high quality products that celebrate the rich, ethnic diversity of the Silk Road. (The Silk Road is a collection of ancient trade routes that ran from the Mediterranean all the way to Japan and the Korean peninsula. It’s also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.) Saffron was a valued commodity on the Silk Road routes, and thus the name Saffron Road.
Saffron Road’s ChickBean Crisps are designed to provided better nutrition in snack form. Not only are they certified halal and certified gluten-free, but they bring 4g of plant-based protein per serving. And most importantly, they are super tasty, too! ChickBean Crisps are available in Sea Salt, Ranch and White Cheddar. Click here to find Saffron Road products near you!
Grab some ChickBean Crisps and whip up a batch of this Mediterranean Carrot Dip this weekend! Have a good one, my friends!
Mediterranean Carrot Dip
- Using a deep sauté pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and place over medium heat. Add carrots, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots have softened (~6-8 minutes). (Note: Make sure to just soften carrots, not actually brown them.)
- Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander, ginger and chili powder. Continue cooking, stirring often, for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add water. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender (~15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and transfer carrots into a food processor. Pulse several times, or until carrots are mostly smooth. Stir in lemon juice and remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with minced cilantro. Serve with Saffron Road Chickbean Crisps.
This Mediterranean Carrot Dip post was written by me on behalf of Saffron Road.
The opinions and recipe are all my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Spiced!