These Coconut Rice and Madras Lentils Burritos are easy to make and packed with flavor!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tasty Bite. All opinions are 100% mine.
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Now I do all of my grocery shopping on Sunday mornings…with a certain little toddler in tow! Robbie has reached a very, uh, shall we say ‘active’ age, and Laura and I often look for outings on the weekends to help entertain him. What? We’re down to three boxes of cereal? Let’s go to the store! Honestly, the outings have helped our sanity since the days can be very long when you just sit at home and chase a toddler around all day. Plus, grocery stores are very, very empty on Sunday mornings at 9am.
This past week, we headed off to pick up the ingredients to make these Coconut Rice and Madras Lentils Burritos. Robbie has been practicing his walking lately, and he’s getting pretty darned good at it. So we let him walk along and lead the way while we followed behind with the cart. Sure, we might have turned down a few aisles we didn’t need to, but it was fun to see the little guy lead us around the store. Plus, he had a huge smile on his face the whole time! (That, and he was telling everyone that we passed “hi.” It was pretty hilarious.)
On the way down one of the aisles, I grabbed a couple pouches of Tasty Bite’s Madras Lentils. Have you guys ever had these before? They’re so good! Tasty Bite makes a huge variety of Thai, Indian and Asian products, and we appreciate that they’re made with clean ingredients. Their products are all GMO-free with no artificial ingredients. And they taste great, so that’s a total win-win in our book! Check out the Tasty Bite website for a full list of products…and some more fun recipes, too!
We decided to take those Madras Lentils and turn ’em into Coconut Rice and Madras Lentils Burritos. Mmmm…burritos! Tasty Bite’s Madras Lentils are microwaveable and ready in just 1 minute. That means these Coconut Rice and Madras Lentils Burritos are a cinch to make. And for a fun little twist, we made some coconut cilantro rice to serve as the base of these burritos. (Just mix a couple tablespoons of shredded coconut and chopped cilantro in with the cooked rice. Easy!) The Madras Lentils are seriously packed with flavor, so they are perfect for incorporating into burritos. We also happened to have some extra rotisserie chicken in the fridge, so we added that in as well.
Next time you’re in the grocery store, swing by the international aisle and look for the yellow Tasty Bite pouches. We’ve tried several of their products, and we’ve been pleased with all of them! Oh, and if you happen to be doing your shopping at 9am on a Sunday morning, then keep an eye out for a toddler leading the way and yelling “hi” to everyone he passes! Have a great week, my friends!
Coconut Rice and Madras Lentils Burritos
- Using a large bowl, rinse and drain rice. Using a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and let sit for 5 minutes; fluff rice gently with a fork. In a medium bowl, combine rice with coconut and ¼ cup of cilantro; toss until well combined. Set rice aside.
- Prepare Madras Lentils according to pouch instructions. Using a colander placed over a mixing bowl, drain some of the excess liquid from the lentils. Add the chicken and remaining 2 Tbsp of chopped cilantro to the bowl with the excess liquid; toss until well coated.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions. Divide rice evenly onto the center of each tortilla. (Tip: Leave 1½” border on all sides of tortilla.) Top rice with lentils, shredded chicken, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Fold the bottom edge of each tortilla over the filling, tuck in the sides and then roll tightly. Cut burritos in half before serving.