Holiday Cookie Decorating: Christmas Lights!
Get into the holiday spirit with a batch of these Holiday Christmas Light Cookies! These sugar cookies are topped with M&Ms for a fun look!
M&Ms are one of my favorite candies! I can eat them straight out of the bag but when it comes to Christmas, it’s time to decorate some cookies. So yesterday afternoon, it turned out that I needed to take some cookies to a party, and I decided to pull out the M&Ms! The hardest part was deciding what to do with them. This recipe is great because the end result is delicious (I like decorating with sprinkles too but these just taste a lot better). I know I’ll be headed to a few more holiday events, work parties, and so forth – and these Christmas light cookies aka “Tasty Table Lights” by M&M are perfect.
The ingredients are simple (full recipe below). Pick up some M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend along with some sugar cookie dough, white frosting, and red licorice strands. I didn’t have a lightbulb cookie cutter but that was okay, I just used a small knife to free-hand my design and it worked great!
These are really easy to make. It’s simply baking, frosting, and decorating. If you have kids, they’ll love this recipe too. You can put them to work dividing the M&Ms into different colors while you bake! You can also tint the frosting to match your colors (or just leave it white – up to you). Get creative and try other colors besides the traditional red and green.
Tasty Table Light Cookies
- ⅔ cup flour
- 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 3 cups M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend
- 4 strands red licorice laces
- Resealable plastic bags
- Drinking straw
- Christmas light shaped cookie cutter small
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Separate different colors of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies, and set aside.
- Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
- Tip for a quicker and lighter version: Tint frosting to match the M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies. Frost the cookies and then decorate with color coordinated M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies.
Your favorite chocolate candies are bundled up for Winter in festive holiday colors. Available in Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Almond and Pretzel. Holidays are Better with M. Learn More…
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.
Spiced® is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that spicedblog.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
These cookies are so cute! They will be perfect for my daughter’s school holiday party!