Put a twist on a classic everything bagel. These Everything Bagel Pretzels are the perfect savory snack for get-togethers with friends!
This Everything Bagel Pretzels post is sponsored by Spice Madness, but the recipe and opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Spiced!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Oh boy, have I got a fun recipe to share today! Soft, chewy pretzels topped with not just salt…but everything bagel seasoning. These pretzels are a fun party snack or appetizer. They aren’t difficult to make, and you’ll get a lot of ooo’s and aaah’s when you bring out a plate of these warm Everything Bagel Pretzels!
I’ve always loved a good everything bagel. Today we’re taking that concept and putting a twist on it…literally! These Everything Bagel Pretzels are topped with Spice Madness’ Everything Bagel Seasoning. This seasoning is the perfect combination of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried garlic, onion flakes and salt.
This Everything Bagel Seasoning could be used in so many fun ways, too. There’s the obvious everything bagel, but think about sprinkling a bit of this seasoning blend on a piece of grilled chicken. Or perhaps on top of a baked potato? Maybe even mac and cheese? The options are endless here – delicious, endless options. That’s how we roll around here!
Everything Bagel Pretzels
While those other options (everything bagel mac ‘n cheese!) are super tempting, this recipe is focusing on another all-time favorite in our house: soft pretzels. Homemade soft pretzels aren’t as difficult to make as you might think. Sure, they require a bit of time to roll the dough and shape the pretzels…but you’ll get the hang of it quickly.
The taste (not to mention the amazing smell!) of these Everything Bagel Pretzels makes it worth the time – trust me! I served up a plate of these warm pretzels with a bit of mustard for dipping. The flavor was amazing, and leftovers weren’t a problem!
I topped these homemade pretzels with Spice Madness’ Everything Bagel Seasoning. Spice Madness is my new go-to site for spices! We use a lot (and I mean a lot) of spices and herbs in our kitchen, and I’m always adding more to the shopping list. Spice Madness is the answer!
Spice Madness is a family-owned, independent spice company based in Terryville, CT. Their mission is simple – provide quality spices and herbs at reasonable prices. As someone who uses a lot of spices and herbs, I appreciate Spice Madness’ mission. Plus, the larger size options mean I won’t need to restock my spice cabinet as often!
In addition to pantry staples like cinnamon, nutmeg, basil, etc., Spice Madness also has an impressive lineup of seasonings and rubs. The list includes everything from classics like Lemon Pepper and Jamaican Jerk to more unique blends like Maui Style Pineapple Wing Rub and IPA Beer Rub. I love to grill and smoke meats, and I can’t wait to try these different rubs!
Back to these soft pretzels, though! My wife is eyeing up the container of Everything Bagel Seasoning to make some of the TikTok recipes that are so trendy these days. Me? I just want more of these Everything Bagel Pretzels!
How to Shape Homemade Soft Pretzels
At first it might look tricky to turn a piece of dough into that classic pretzel shape. Let me share a little secret – it’s not tricky at all! Using the photo below as a guide, just shape each rope of dough into a large “U.” Then lay each end of the rope over and *boom* pretzel shape!
One little baker’s tip is to carefully enlarge each of the 3 openings of the pretzel with your fingers. If the openings are too small, they’ll close up entirely when the pretzel dough expands while baking. They’ll still taste delicious – they just won’t have that iconic pretzel shape.
How to Store Leftover Soft Pretzels
While we didn’t have any leftovers with this batch of pretzels, the good news is that soft pretzels are incredible easy to reheat. Just store any leftover pretzels in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, just place in a toaster oven or oven for 4-6 minutes, or until warmed through.
Homemade pretzels can also be frozen. Allow the baked pretzels to cool fully and then transfer them into freezer bags. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, let pretzels thaw at room temperature and then reheat in the oven until hot.
If you’re looking for a fun (and super tasty) appetizer idea, then grab some Spice Madness Everything Bagel Seasoning and put these pretzels on the list. They’re great for gameday snacks or casual gatherings with friends! Happy baking!
**Bonus: If you’re looking to restock your spice cabinet (or add some fun new seasonings or rubs), then use the code DAVID15off to get 15% off of your order!**
Did you bake a batch of these Everything Bagel Pretzels at home? Leave a comment, or snap a photo and tag me (@Spicedblog) and Spice Madness (@Spicemadness) on Instagram – we’d love to see your version!
Everything Bagel Pretzels
For the Pretzels
For the Baking Soda Bath
- 2 cups boiling water
- ¼ cup baking soda
For the Pretzels
- Using a countertop mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, add flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and warm water. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. (Note: Dough will be very soft.)
- Transfer dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes. (Note: Dough will not rise much.)
For the Baking Soda Bath
- Meanwhile, prepare the Baking Soda Bath by combining the boiling water and baking soda in a shallow dish. Stir until baking soda is fully dissolved, then set mixture aside to cool. (Note: A 9”x13” casserole dish works great here.)
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Working on a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a 20” long rope. (Note: If the dough seems to shrink back while rolling, just let it rest for 5 minutes.)
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Shape each rope into a pretzel (see pictures in post as a guide).
- Working in batches of 2-3 pretzels, place each pretzel into the baking soda mixture and let sit for 2 minutes. (Note: The water should cover the top of the pretzels. If necessary, flip pretzels after 2 minutes.)
- After soaking, place pretzels on prepared baking sheets.
For the Topping
- Using a small bowl, whisk the egg together with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush this egg wash on top of the pretzels. (Note: Not all of the egg wash will be used.)
- Sprinkle tops of pretzels with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until tops of pretzels are golden brown.
- Remove pretzels from oven and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Serve plain or with mustard for dipping.
Looking for more recipes using everything bagel seasoning? Check out these other fun ideas: