This Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler is just like grandma used to make! Grab some fresh peaches and make a cobbler for dessert tonight!
When I was a kid growing up in South Carolina, my mother would load my sister and me into the car every summer, and we’d head off to the upstate region to visit my grandparents for a couple of weeks. This was my absolute favorite time of the summer! My grandparents lived on a large piece of land in a small town, and there was always something to explore. They had a 2-story barn, a chicken coop (with no chickens), and a pool that felt like it went on forever. But my absolute favorite memories are of picking fruit with my grandfather and then watching my grandmother turn it into a delicious cobbler. And given South Carolina’s famously delicious peaches, there was almost always a peach cobbler cooling in the kitchen!
This past week, my mom-in-law brought up some delicious peaches from Chambersburg, PA. Of course, my mind immediately went to peach cobbler, and soon I had my own Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler resting on the oven. This cobbler features a cake-like topping that is quite easy to prepare. But truth be told, I’ve also used the old trick of 1/2 box of yellow cake mix in place of the dry ingredients…and it works beautifully, too. (Just don’t forget to include the nutmeg and cinnamon!)
If you’ve been reading Spiced over the past few months, then you’ll know that I am a huge fan of peaches. For some other fun peach recipes, check out these Peach Shortcakes with Candied Ginger or this White Wine Summer Sangria! And finally, I can’t imagine peach cobbler without a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I often just use store-bought ice cream, but if you are feeling adventurous, then try making your own Vanilla Ice Cream!
Did you make this Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler at home? Leave a comment, or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog) – I’d love to see your version!
Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 4-5 peaches diced into 1" cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, and nonfat dry milk. Mix by hand until well blended. Set aside.
- In a pie dish (or individual ramekins), add cubed peaches until fruit is almost at top of the dish. Add enough water to fill the dish approximately 1/2 full. Sprinkle the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg across the top of the fruit.
- Cut the butter into the bowl of dry ingredients until butter is the size of peas.
- Sprinkle this dry ingredient-butter mixture across the top of the dish, making sure to cover all of the fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 60-75 minutes, or until top crust turns slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cobber to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional).