Make tonight a taco…err, pizza…night! This Deep Dish Taco Pizza is a fun way to enjoy your favorite taco toppings in pizza form!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Speaking of chips, I noticed a bag of buttered popcorn right there next to that bag of taco chips. For some reason, that reminded me of one of my best friends from high school. You see, he worked part-time at a movie theater. One day, he stopped by my house with a bag of movie theater popcorn. This wasn’t just any bag. This was a gigantic bag. It had to have been at least 4 feet tall. And it was packed with movie theater popcorn! Talk about a dream come true!
In actuality, I have to admit that it was just too much popcorn. We gave that bag a valiant effort, and I continued to work on it for several days after that…but I barely made a dent in the thing. I think we ended up just tossing it out as the popcorn got a bit stale. Seriously, though. Who ends up with a 4-foot tall bag of popcorn in their house? Apparently I do. I’m pretty sure it was still about 3.75-feet tall when we threw in the towel.
Deep Dish Taco Pizza
While I might not want taco flavors on my potato chips, I’m totally ok with taco flavors on my pizza. This Deep Dish Taco Pizza is a fun twist on a classic pizza, and it’s super easy to make! Instead of traditional pizza sauce, refried beans mixed with taco sauce form the base for this taco pizza. Add in seasoned ground beef along with your favorite taco toppings, and you’ve got a fun dinner for the whole family!
I love making my own pizza dough, however it does requite a bit of advance planning. For this Deep Dish Taco Pizza, I cheated and used a tube of refrigerated pizza dough from the store. The key to making this a deep dish pizza (or pan pizza) is using a 9″x13″ cake pan. The dough puffs up and stays a bit thicker than traditional pizza. (If you like a thinner crust, then just use a rimmed cookie sheet instead.)
So if you’re in the mood for a fun twist on pizza, then I highly recommend this Deep Dish Taco Pizza. Serve this one up with a couple cold beers on a Friday night, and I promise no-one will be sad about it. Enjoy!
Did you make this Deep Dish Taco Pizza at your home? Leave a comment, or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog)!
Deep Dish Taco Pizza
For the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a 9”x13” cake pan with nonstick baking spray. Sprinkle cornmeal evenly onto pan.
- Unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and 1” up sides of the pan; set pan aside.
- Using a medium skillet, add ground beef and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until beef is fully cooked.
- Drain skillet and then add diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and ⅔ cup water; stir until well combined. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until most of the water has evaporated. Remove skillet from heat.
- Using a small bowl, stir together refried beans and taco sauce. Spread this mixture evenly on top of pizza dough. Spread beef mixture on top of refried beans. Finally, combine the two cheeses and spread evenly on top of beef.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before adding optional toppings and slicing.
Looking for other fun pizza recipes? Check out these other tasty ideas, too: