These Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti are slightly-crunchy, slightly-crumbly, and they’re swirled with chocolate and peanut butter. Serve ’em for breakfast or dessert…or both!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Over the past year, several of her coworkers have returned the favor by sending along fun foodie finds from their travels. Green tea-filled cookies from Thailand were by far one of the most unique treats I’ve tasted. Just the other day, my wife walked in the door with 2 lavender almond biscotti that a coworker had brought us from a bakery in her hometown. Score! And what makes this even better is that I was literally putting the finishing touches on a batch of biscotti when she walked in the door. What are the chances?? My wife had a smirk on her face as she laid the lavender almond biscotti on the counter next to these Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti. Hey, we like our biscotti around here!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti are the perfect dessert to serve during the holidays. You invite friends over for dinner and then you sit around chatting with an after-dinner cup of coffee. That’s the perfect time for biscotti! You need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up because you stayed up too late the night before. That’s another perfect time for biscotti! You want a sweet treat to serve with breakfast coffee. That’s right…biscotti again! (Although, to be fair, I’m not much of a chocolate for breakfast kind of guy. My wife disagrees with me over this. That’s ok, I’ll just save my biscotti for later.)
These American-style biscotti are slightly crunchy on the outside and slightly crumbly on the inside. Heck, you don’t even need to dip them in a mug of coffee if you don’t want. I used the new DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels from Nestlé® Toll House® for these biscotti, and the result was magical. Imagine a delicious crispy, crumbly cookie swirled with peanut butter and chocolate. Now imagine it in the shape of biscotti and topped with crunchy sugar. Ok, now you’re getting close to these Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti. And now that I just finished describing them, I think I need to go get another one. For research purposes, of course.
Have you guys seen these DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels from Nestlé® Toll House® yet? I used the peanut butter-filled ones in this recipe, but I’m pretty sure the caramel-filled morsels would be equally as delicious! Nestlé® Toll House® also makes cherry-filled and mint-filled versions, too. Just use these DelightFulls™ instead of chocolate chips to add a fun new twist to your favorite recipes. With all of the holiday parties and events coming up, my mind is literally spinning with delicious ways to use DelightFulls™ in my holiday recipes. Do you have a favorite holiday dessert recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S. I’d like to apologize to any of my wife’s co-workers who are reading this post. I just couldn’t let these Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti leave our kitchen…they were too delicious. My sincerest apologies!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes on medium speed).
- Add the salt, vanilla and baking powder; mix on low speed until well blended.
- Add the eggs; mix on low speed until fully absorbed.
- Add the flour and Nestle Toll House DelightFulls; mix on low speed until well blended.
- Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet and shape into a 5"x10" log.
- Sprinkle a generous amount (2-3 Tbsp) of turbinado or sanding sugar across the top of the log.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow it to cool for 7-8 minutes. Transfer biscotti to a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice the log crosswise into 3/4" slices. Place each biscotti cut-side down on a lined-baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and continue baking for another 28-30 minutes, or until the biscotti begin to turn golden brown.
The same NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate you know and love now filled with rich caramel, peanut butter, mint, and cherry flavored filling. Add these new filled baking morsels to your favorite recipes for a special twist on the classic, or try experimenting with them in a recipe you’ve never tried before!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.