These Chipotle Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries
are a delicious and fun side dish for any meal!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
So we have some awesome fries here in America, but we really need to get into this whole dipping sauce thing. I’m not talking just ketchup and mayo here, either. I’m talking roasted garlic aioli, curry ketchup and harissa mayo. Yeah, like serious dipping sauces. To be honest, I’m a bit surprised I haven’t done a post on dipping sauces for fries yet. I’ll have to get on that!
Sweet potato fries are one of my all-time favorites when it comes to french fries. I’m not a huge fan of the traditional sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, but man do sweet potatoes make an excellent choice for french fries! A lot of restaurants offer sweet potato fries as an option now, and I always jump at the opportunity. I’m not opposed to frying foods at home, but I try to avoid doing it all the time. So I decided to get in the kitchen and bake up a batch of homemade sweet potato fries. I wasn’t entirely sure how well it would work out, but I’m pleased to say that these Chipotle Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries were delicious!
Here are a couple of tips for baking homemade fries in the oven:
- Cut the fries about the same size. This helps them bake evenly. I like to cut them into 1/4″ sticks. It takes a bit of time to slice the potatoes up into sticks, but it’s not that bad. Just sharpen your chef’s knife and put on some good music!
- Make sure the fries are not touching each other on the baking sheet. This will help them cook more evenly. I usually need at least one baking sheet for every potato.
- After adding the corn starch, make sure to toss the fries well. You want that cornstarch to evenly coat the outside of the sticks rather than sit clumped up in one area. Same goes for the seasonings. I use a big bowl and then just stir and toss (toss, toss!) until everything is evenly mixed.
Chipotle Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into ~¼” sticks. (Tip: Slice fries as similar in size as possible so that they will cook evenly.)
- Place sticks in a large bowl. Add cornstarch and stir until well coated.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the sticks. Add the Italian parsley, Parmesan cheese, sea salt and chipotle powder. Stir until sticks are well coated with olive oil and seasonings.
- Spread sticks onto parchment-lined baking sheet. (Tip: Make sure fries are not touching each other! You will need 2 baking sheets.)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip fries over with a spatula and bake for another 7-10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
Looking for more baked fries recipes? Check out these other favorites, too: