Is it a brownie? Is it a blondie? No, it’s both! These Caramel Marshmallow
Brownie Bars are a delicious combination of caramel, marshmallow and chocolate!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
These Caramel Marshmallow Brownie Bars take on a fun flavor thanks to International Delight’s Caramel Marshmallow creamer. Truth be told, I first set out to use the Caramel Marshmallow creamer in a brownie. Then I thought…hold up, a blondie would be even better. But I didn’t want to leave out the chocolate. There’s always room for chocolate! (Plus, caramel, marshmallow and chocolate sounds like a great flavor combo, right?) So that’s when it hit me. Make both a brownie and a blondie! Now you’ve got the best of both worlds…all right there in a single bite. (Or if you’re like me, a couple of bites.)
I look forward to my cup of coffee in the morning. And now that it’s cold outside? Yeah, I really look forward to that cup of coffee! I’ve even taken to brewing up a cup of decaf in the evenings. And you know what goes great with that after-dinner cup of coffee? Brownies. And blondies. That’s where these Caramel Marshmallow Brownie Bars come in. But don’t blame me when these bars magically disappear off of your countertop!
For a fun little twist with these brownie bars, I folded some mini-marshmallows into the blondie batter. I thought I’d get little bits of toasted marshmallows on top of the bars, but the marshmallows ended up melting in the oven. It still worked out, though. The melted marshmallows just created little pockets of marshmallow deliciousness throughout the bars. Either way, these bars were incredibly tasty…and incredibly addicting! Maybe I’ll put my bar on a plate next time…that way I’ll actually have leftovers the next day. I hope you enjoy these Caramel Marshmallow Brownie Bars as much as I do…uhh, did!
Caramel Marshmallow Brownie Bars
For the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8”x8” baking pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over two of the edges by a couple of inches. Set pan aside.
- Prepare the Brownies by placing the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until fully melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined. Add the melted chocolate and butter; stir until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt; stir until just combined. (Tip: Take care not to overmix the batter.)
- Transfer the batter into the prepared brownie pan. Spread the batter evenly. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the Blondies by whisking together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and Caramel Marshmallow creamer. Add the flour, baking powder and salt; mix until just combined. Fold the mini-marshmallows into the batter.
- Spread Blondie batter into the prepared pan on top of the Brownie batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 33-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out mostly clean.
- Allow bars to cool in pan. Lift the cooled bars out of the pan; slice into squares.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.