This Lemon Blueberry 7UP Pound Cake is packed with bright lemony flavor…and it’s a great dessert for warm Spring days!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of 7UP®. The opinions and text are all mine. #MixitUpaLittle
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
But Sunday mornings then turn into Robbie-Daddy time. (Seriously. That’s what we call it.) I grab my grocery list for the week, and I head out to the grocery store with a toddler in tow. (He loves riding in the cart and helping Daddy “organize” the groceries as I put ’em in the cart.) Last week, our local ShopRite had several great sales, and Robbie and Daddy hit the store early on Sunday morning. As Robbie was organizing the 4 containers of blueberries in the cart (that kid loves berries!), Dad was putting a couple 12-packs of 7UP® down below. You see, I had an idea…and it was a delicious one!
7UP Pound Cake
I decided to use a bunch of those fresh blueberries to make this Lemon Blueberry 7UP Pound Cake. But this wouldn’t be just any pound cake. It would be a 7UP pound cake. Have you ever used 7UP to make a cake? It’s like magic! Growing up in the South, 7UP pound cakes made frequent appearances at parties and picnics. And get this…these pound cakes don’t include any leaveners like baking soda or baking powder. Nope, the carbonation from the 7UP does it all! The result is a moist cake with a noticeable lemony flavor thanks to the 7UP.
For this Lemon Blueberry 7UP Pound Cake, I wanted to really draw attention to the lemon flavor, so I added a bit of lemon zest into the cake itself. And then there’s all of those fresh blueberries. I mean look at that cake! A slice of this cake somehow disappeared right after this picture was taken. Strange how that happens, right?
The temperatures outside are slowly climbing up, and that means our curling season is coming to an end. After I snagged another piece of this Lemon Blueberry 7UP Pound Cake to save for later in the evening, I sent the rest of the cake in with Laura to the curling club. She shared it with her teammates and opponents after the game, and I got several text messages that night asking for the recipe. This cake was a hit! And this cake is super easy to make thanks to the 7UP. (Truthfully, you could leave the blueberries out and just go with a lemon pound cake…the cake is that good by itself!)
Next time you’re at ShopRite, grab a 12-pack of 7UP and make this Lemon Blueberry 7UP Pound Cake! Oh, and if you happen to pass a toddler sitting in a cart “organizing” his blueberries, then stop and say hello! Cheers, friends!
Lemon Blueberry 7UP Pound Cake
For the Pound Cake
For the Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a standard bundt pan; set pan aside.
- Using an electric mixer, add butter, sugar and lemon zest; mix on medium speed until light and fluffy (~3-4 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low after each addition.
- Add salt and flour 1 cup at a time, mixing on low after each addition.
- Add 7UP and mix on low speed until a smooth batter forms (~1-2 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 Tbsp of flour. Fold the blueberries into the cake batter by hand.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan. Bake at 325°F for 90-100 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack until completely cool.
For the Lemon Glaze
- Using a small mixing bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients except for lemon zest.
- Spoon glaze on top of the pound cake and then sprinkle lemon zest on top before the glaze sets.
If you try this 7UP Pound Cake, let me know in the comments below. I can’t wait to hear how you like it!