No-bake your way to deliciousness with this No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie!
This post may contain paid links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
Take grass for instance. To me, grass is nice but it’s just there. It’s something I have to mow every week or two. But for Robbie, grass meant a confused look and then a laugh as it touched his bare feet. It meant almost an hour of entertainment…seriously. It meant trying to put it in his mouth.
But let’s roll the clock back to last summer for a moment. Laura and I were down in Nashville visiting my mom and sister, and they were throwing me an early birthday party. All birthday parties require cake. Seriously. That’s a rule that should never be broken. Birthdays require cake. Candles are optional. Cake is not.
My mother and sister clearly understood this rule though. They were kind enough to have a delicious cake for my birthday. But it didn’t stop there. Over the course of our 5-day visit, we had cake one night. And then there was a no-bake pie that showed up another night. And I’m pretty sure an apple pie made an appearance in there somewhere, too. I get it, though. Company in town is a good excuse to treat yourself to a dessert or three!
As we were enjoying that no-bake pie while sitting on my mom’s back porch, she described how incredibly easy it was to make. It basically involved a pie shell, some whipped topping and a couple of candy bars. It was almost silly how easy it was to make. And it was almost silly how fast that no-bake pie disappeared, too.
This No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is a twist on that recipe that my mom made last summer. It’s also silly easy to make. Although, to be fair, I’m not sure I can really use the title ‘no-bake’ as I do bake the crust for a few minutes first. But you could always just use a store-bought crust…then it would definitely be no-bake. Either way, we’re going with it. The pie itself doesn’t get baked, so I’m calling this one a No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie. It screams summer deliciousness…and it screams incredibly easy to make! Enjoy!
P.S. If chocolate + peanut butter is your thing, check out this Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. It’s not ‘no-bake’, but it’s well worth the baking effort!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
For the Crust
- 18 Oreo cookies separated and filling removed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
For the Filling
- Mini chocolate peanut butter cups chopped
- Chocolate syrup
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor or mini-chopper. Pulse until finely ground. Transfer mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir the melted butter into the remaining mixture and then press into bottom and sides of 9” pie pan. (Tip: A flat-bottomed glass is helpful to press the mixture into the pie pan.)
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. (To avoid turning the oven on, you can freeze this crust for 1 hour instead.)
- Remove pan from oven and set aside to cool.
For the Filling
- Using a handheld mixer, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add peanut butter; beat until well-combined.
- Next, add ½ of the whipped topping; beat until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into cooled pie crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping on top of pie. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top of pie and then garnish with chopped peanut butter cups. Refrigerate pie for at least 3 hours before slicing. (Note: Pie can be refrigerated overnight.)