This Glazed Lemon Bread is quick, tasty and perfect for
Saturday morning breakfasts at home!
I’ve been craving lemons lately like a 17th century pirate. Maybe my body is trying to fight off scurvy…or maybe I’m just happy that warmer weather has finally returned. (I’m going to go with the latter reason here.) I’ve been buying lemons pretty much every week at the store. I need our lemon
tree bush to hurry up and start growing some new baby lemons! Those lemons have turned into lemon curd, lemon cookies and even grape leaves. Not surprisingly, I was in the mood for lemon again the other day…so I decided to whip up a fun little breakfast treat. (Although to be fair, who says you can’t eat a slice of lemon cake or a lemon cookie for breakfast??)
Glazed Lemon Bread
I’m a huge fan of tasty quick breads. Quick breads are just that…quick. There’s no yeast involved and you can pretty much have the bread in the oven in about 10 minutes. I don’t mind playing around in the kitchen making a fun yeasted bread or a multi-stage cake, but c’mon…you gotta love a recipe that calls for almost no prep time! What? You want a slice of Glazed Lemon Bread? Give me an hour and I’ll have a warm slice ready for you!
Ever since the snow and ice started to melt in mid-March, we’ve been out and about doing something almost every weekend. While I love taking trips or having company come to visit, do you ever just want to schedule a weekend with nothing to do? I seriously want to write on the calendar, “Do not schedule anything. We’re staying home and watching movies all weekend.” (Hmmm…does scheduling time to relax qualify as ironic?) In reality, this just doesn’t happen…probably because there’s always some new adventure that sounds like it would be fun. I know it might be Monday, but I’m already looking forward to next weekend. We’ve got nothing planned…and that’s how I like it! It’s just us and the dogs. Oh, and a cup of coffee and a piece of this Glazed Lemon Bread. Doesn’t that sound like the perfect weekend morning?
Did you make this Glazed Lemon Bread at home? Leave a comment. Or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog). Happy baking!
Looking for other tasty quick bread recipes? Check out these other favorites, too:
Glazed Lemon Bread
For the Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan; set aside.
- Using a countertop mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy (~2-3 minutes on medium speed).
- Add eggs; blend until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir until well combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the mixer bowl; blend until well combined.
- Add half of the milk to the mixer bowl; blend until well combined.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and milk.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice to the bowl; blend until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 53-57 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean. Set bread aside to cool.
For the Glaze
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; whisk together until smooth.
- Drizzle Glaze over cooled bread before slicing and serving.