You don’t have to be a baking whiz to pull off these simple yet delectable treats for Valentine’s Day. This brownie recipe will knock your sweetie’s socks off. Go ahead and snag one for yourself, too. You deserve it!
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1-1/4 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Line a square baking dish (9″x9″) with parchment paper or grease lightly.
3. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
4. In another large glass bowl, combine half of the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for one minute. Stir, and microwave an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add sugar and eggs until well blended.
5. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Stir until combined.
6. Spread brownie mixture into baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and cool at least 15 minutes. Lift brownies out of pan and cool on a wire rack.
Combine remaining 4 oz of chocolate, oil, and sugar in a glass bowl and microwave 45 seconds. Spread evenly onto brownies.
Let cool and set at least 2 hours. Then cut into squares.
To decorate, simply pipe alternating X’s and O’s on each brownie using pink tinted buttercream. The recipe I like to use is in this post. In the alternative, store bought decorating icing that comes in a tube will also work.