We’re excited to share this super easy + sweet recipe from Carrie of A Sweet Spot: Home! This recipe is the PERFECT way to cool off on these hot summer days. Make for a party or just for a special treat this summer!
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, cut into thirds along the existing fold lines
1 pint of your favorite chocolate ice cream, softened
1 pint of your favorite strawberry ice cream, softened (I used Haagen Dazs for mine!)
1. Bake the puff pastry on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, until browned. Allow to cool completely.
2. Once cooled, flip over one of the pieces of puff pastry so that the flat, bottom side is now the top. Spread the chocolate ice cream over the entire surface of the puff pastry. Add a second piece of puff pastry on top of the chocolate ice cream and place in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, or until the softened ice cream has had a chance to set.
3. Remove the chocolate ice cream/puff pastry from the freezer and spread the strawberry ice cream on top of the puff pastry. Finish by placing the final piece of puff pastry on top of the strawberry ice cream.
4. Return the entire napoleon to the freezer for at least another 45 minutes.
5. Once you’re ready to serve, drizzle chocolate sauce over the top of the dessert for even more yumminess!
This is a great dessert to make ahead for company, because it looks like you went to a LOT more work than you actually did! It’s also a great way to cool off during these crazy hot summer days!
GUEST AUTHOR: Carrie Harris
Carrie Harris is the founder of A Sweet Spot: Home, (formerly known as The Sweet Spot Candy Bar) a website dedicated to sharing ideas and inspiration for all aspects of home life!
CONNECT WITH CARRIE: Website: www.asweetspothome.com | A Sweet Spot: Home on Facebook | A Sweet Spot: Home on Twitter | A Sweet Spot: Home on Pinterest