The holiday season came and went, and chances are you’ve done your share of baking over the last month. Your sweet tooth may be lingering, but the last thing you want to do is fire up your stand mixer and turn on your oven. Even those of us that live to be in our kitchens need a break once in a while. Here is an easy no-bake “cookie” recipe that you can whip up to satisfy your craving for a homemade treat.
FUDGY NO-BAKE COOKIES
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 6 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- (You will also need wax or parchment paper.)
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper & set aside.
2. Start by slowly melting the butter and peanut butter over low heat in a large heavy-bottomed pot.
3. Add the sugar, milk, vanilla and cocoa. Stir well to combine.
4. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes while scraping sides of pot with a rubber spatula.
5. All at once, gently fold in the cereal until it is all coated.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Use an ice cream scoop to put a mound of the mixture onto a cookie sheet. Gently shape and flatten as desired, using another spoon.
8. Let stand approximately one hour to set.
Recipe makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
I actually prefer to put these in the refrigerator and eat them cold! Enjoy!
Do you have any no-bake sweet treats you’d like to share?