When I’m not here sharing my love for all things baked, I’m running PIZZAZZERIE (a blog about parties) where I’m always on the search for the latest and greatest trends for parties. When I spotted these cupcakes, I knew I had to share them. They’d be great for a party or just for a sweet snack. Get more ideas from the book, Hey Cupcake!, where this recipe and many others are shared!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Vanilla cake mix
- Cupcake pan
- Foil cupcake wrappers
- Vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- Mini ice cream cones
- Pink licorice pastels
- Plain doughnut holes
- Edible silver sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Mix a few drops on red food coloring the the vanilla frosting to make it light pink.
2. Put ¼ cup of the frosting into a sealed zipper bag and poke a hole into one of the corners.
3. Poke a hole in the bottom of each mini cone with a toothpick.
4. Squeeze frosting from the zipper bag and put a bit into each ice cream cone hole. Place each piece of pink licorice into each ice cream cone hole, to look like a cordless microphone antenna — the frosting will help it stick into place.
5. Add some more frosting on the inside rim of each cone, then place a doughnut inside.
6. Spread frosting over each doughnut. Than dip the cone with the doughnuts in them into a bowl filled with sprinkles.
7. Bake the cupcakes using the directions on the cake mix box. Once they’ve cooled, frost each one with pink frosting and place a cone microphones on the top
Recipe via iVillage