Dessert stylist Amy Atlas (who also has an amazing book available for pre-order) recently partnered up with Wrigley to create some sweet treats decorated with you got it… candy! She is such a talent and created some adorable fashion-inspired treats. Love! Wrigley reached out to me to see if I wanted to share my own take on decorating with candies from Wrigley. Of course!
Wrigley is a subsidiary of Mars so they sent over not only Wrigley’s gum but also Skittles, Life Savers, Starburst + more! My Mom happened to be in town for wedding planning appointments, so she was in on the decorating fun too!
Green is my favorite color so I paired the green Skittles color and the light green Skittles Blender color to create this pretty little 3-tiered cake! First, I took a simple pound cake and created a baby three-tiered shape. Then I froze it to make it easier to cover with frosting. After about 1 hour in the freezer, I coated the cake entirely with a vanilla buttercream frosting.
After I frosted the cake, I decorated it with alternating colors of Skittles! I think this cake would be super cute for birthday parties or other special occasions. Choose your favorite color or taste the rainbow with every color!
I love how it turned out! Simple + cute.
My Mom created an adorable CANDY RACING MOBILE with a variety of candies. This is a super fun edible craft idea for kids parties! Think of a little boy’s party where each child can decorate his or her own racing mobile (or princess wand, you get the idea). Cute!
Here’s how to make the CANDY RACING MOBILE:
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package DoubleMint Gum
- 2 regular size Skittles bag or 1 large size Skittlesbag
- 1 package Starburst
- 1 package Lifesaver Gummies
- 1 piece of pound cake cut in a diamond shape (see image below)
- 1 cup white frosting
1. Using the white frosting, coat the diamond shape of pound cake thoroughly.
2. Soak the gum in warm water and pat dry to make it bendable. Fold it over into a “U” shape.
3. Cut Starburst into triangular shapes for the front of the car.
4. Use 2 Lifesaver Gummies for each wheel. Use frosting to attach candies onto each other.
5. Using frosting, decorate the rest of the car with colored Skittles.
Hope you love these ideas! I encourage you to pick up some candy and decorate anything your heart desires from cake and cookies to brownies or even Push-Up Pops!